3/23/2009

Super Saturday*.*.*.

So, as the Young Womens president in our ward, I was told that we have one big youth activity every year that we are supposed to plan and carry out for them.....At first, I was hesitant as to what is "cool and fun" to kids these days and how would I convince them to actually want to go and spend a whole day with leaders?? So my counselors and I began the planning....and thanks to the COOLEST Bishop I have ever had in my entire lifetime.....(he approved everything and made sure this activity would be one to remember!!!!) We got a GREAT turnout and the kids had a blast!!!!


We started out by heading to SLC and taking them to see the Joseph Smith movie.....
Next...We headed over to the Conference Center and took a tour from the bottom to the TOP floor, including the roof! I had never been up there, but it was so neat!! This view with the temple in the background was truly amazing. . Then....We headed over to the gateway and ate at Tucano's restaurant. The kids couldn't get enough of that place... (ok and neither could the leaders!)


Finally, We headed over to the ESA to go to the JAZZ GAME! The kids were so stoked to go!! Of course, I carried my Korver jersey in my purse all day, just so I could be the dedicated fan that I am, and I wore it that night.... but it must have truly been my lucky night...cause as I was taking some of the kids down closer to the court, We got to watch none other than...Mr KYLE KORVER up close and personal, shooting around before the game...and well....take a look at the next picture and see for yourself what my jersey ended up looking like.... :)

Yep, that would be his signature.... and I'm not usually a proud person to boast...but really in all my years of luck....this would NEVER happen to me! I was so excited that I am sure my youth wondered if I was 13 years old!!!! .


At the end of the day though, I would say this was one of the neatest experiences to be able to spend time with the youth of our ward and learn so much about them. I know they felt something as we watched the Joseph Smith movie, and there wasn't a dry eye amongst them when it was over. That is a feeling that I never want to forget. They are going through a trying time in their lives and with all the challenges they face, I truly hope they will make the choices that will help them to remember whats really important in life.

6 sweet scribbles :):

Sheena said...

You are one proud girl about that signature!! Now you can really wear that jersey with pride!!

The Nielsen's said...

What a fun activity for the YW! You are an AWESOME pres! And WAHOO on the signature! That's terrific!

Rachel said...

yea! that was lucky! thanks for saying hi today! you would be glad you are going to Hawaii some other time... it was COLD and Rainy most of the time!

Connie said...

Wow, that is quite the activity for the youth. I'm sure you rock as a YW President. Hey, is it alright if I say congrats to you in this comment?

jason and michelle clarke said...

That was a fun day. Turned out pretty good. Still crazy that you got the signature, lucky woman!!

Jeni said...

I'm glad you guys had a great time and the youth too!! I wish I could have been there to bask in the fun as well! :(