3/24/2009

~*~*~*A place in the SUN! ~*~*~*


Oh how I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the sunshine! Spring Break this year was a BLAST! We were able to go to St. George for a WEEK! Rex's boss offered him his winter house, so we took full advantage of this week away from the snow! And wow, it couldn't have been a more PERFECT WEEK! The day we left, Logan was getting hit with 22 INCHES OF THAT cold, yucky WHITE stuff all over the ground! I couldn't have been happier to be driving AWAY from it!!


When we arrived, it was early evening, so after we got unpacked, we decided to take Cameron swimming!!


I love KISSES!

This may appear to be a nice hot tub.....UM ....NO, IT WAS LIKE 50 degrees in that pool!! Cam didn't mind. Obviously! (I'm especially diggin' those goggles on the girl behind me!)

The next morning, we headed off to do some super exciting shopping (Rex might not agree with that statement, but we did find some KILLER deals!) and then .....we took Cameron to hit up one of the MANY parks!!! He LOVED it!


I was so glad they had this HEALTHY food joint to eat at. Every day Rex suggested eating at this place! I think he could live there and be happy. :) We probably made at least 8 trips!!
.
.


SAND DUNES!!!!


I have decided we are going to just have a backyard of sand for Cameron. I have never seen him so ENTERTAINED with the same thing for such a long period of time! He loved it so much, he kept trying to eat it!!!!


I kinda liked it too. :)


Cute little footprints?!?!? Need I say more!!

And here he is enjoying throwing the sand..


and possibly eating the sand.... (just check out his eyebrows, you'd think he rubbed his face in this stuff)


Diggin' a hole with Dad; which he wanted to be buried in!!

I loooooovvvvvvvvveeeeeee this stuff!!!!!


On top of a mountain by the house. We decided to climb up it, even though there was a sign at the bottom that said "Mount Everst Trail aka: Cardiac Arrest".... Cam loved hiking. He asked to do this at least twice every day after that!!

And here we are back at the Dunes again. We decided to start our morning off..... sand covered.

Don't cha just wanna pinch those cheeks? :)

Oh how I LOVE blue sky, and RED rock! I could live here......

Who is this in our house, doing some CRAZY, WIERD THING with a broom stick? :)..... Actually, its our friends JonathAn, Kathleen and their CUTE little boy Tanner, who drove down and joined us that weekend!! They arrived Friday afternoon and we had dinner, then headed out to explore the GINORMOUS city of St. George :), stop off for some of that INCREDIBLE Nielsen's custard and then of course...get our 4th MEAL OF THE DAY....at none other than In n Out before we headed back home for a night filled with FUN & Games!!!


And here is the lovely Kathleen showing off her amazing winning Scattergories score at 2:30 in the MORNING!!


While the GUYS were out golfing Saturday, The girls (and kids) went swimming and shopping!


Cute little Tanner~

.
Mini Golfing & (GOOFING) around~



Yep, He struck up a HOLE IN ONE on the FIRST hole!!!!! He's a dang good little golfer!



Cam enjoying more of....the scenery, rather than the golfing.



Now...THIS is the way to golf!!!


Like Father; Like son!



This is how it's done!



Cute Lil family (although I should mention, their cute 2 year old twins didn't come with them, so they are missing from this fam pic) :)



Who knew the soft play section could be so much fun....FOR PARENTS!!!


Oh and the kids liked it too! :)



But Really.........



..... Who is having more fun? The kids....or....Kathleen and I? Yeah,thats what I thought.
.
After, the long day of fun, we FINALLY decided to eat at Texas Roadhouse...even though we waited like an HOUR or longer!!


Me and Tanner, trying to put on our happy STARVING faces!




Once we ACTUALLY got seated, we DEVOURED THAT AMAZING, good food, which made the wait, well WORTH IT! (Jonathan couldn't even bring himself to look at the camera he was SO INTO BUTTERING HIS ROLL!! )



So yummy!! Thanks guys for an awesome dinner!!! :)



Cam loved wearing Tanner's hats! I love this face he was pulling at Jonathan!



Need we say more?




BACK AGAIN!! We couldn't get enough! We decided to go one last time before we drove home!


Tanner wasn't sure about the whole idea of getting buried, but he soon learned it WAS FUN!


She is such a CUTE MOM!!!! I have a lot to learn from someone like her!

This would also be her, getting buried from head to toe! :)

And 616 pictures later, ....the trip was over! Thanks to the the Nash's for making the weekend that much sweeter! (....and all the other fun lately!) :) You guys are AWESOME! (oh and did I mention, this is actually our Bishop!!) :)

I'm thankful we were able to get away and have some fun! Cam even LOVED the drive. I was honestly amazed at how well he did and how much he loves traveling!! I wouldn't have traded this week for anything! :) I'm glad we got to spend this time as a family and do some fun things!! But man..... It was sure hard to come back to such COLD weather!!

10 sweet scribbles :):

Chris and Kristen said...

WHEW! what an update, but I love it! What a fun time at St. George and in the sand. So cute. Cam is getting so big and I loved the pictures. What a cool activity to do with the girls. And that Jersey! So cool, even though I don't know who that is. I'm so out of the loop it is embarrasing! I'm glad to hear Cam likes to help. Hopefully he stays that way right?

Chris and Kristen said...

P.S. how do you post multiple pictures side by side like that? I see people do it and I would love to learn how.

jason and michelle clarke said...

Wow, I have to admit I am jealous of all the fun you guys had. I wish I could have been there for all the fun too!! Sounds like you had a blast, especially when the Nashes arrived. The pics show the fun as well!! I'm glad you got to spend time away from home, it's always nice to get away.

Sheena said...

So when are you guys going again so we can tag along?? It looks like so much fun. Sure beats all the feaking snow we got.

We do need to plan another play night. soon. Let me know when you guys are open.

Sheena said...

PS... now that you are all current on your posts, you can now post that one post... HINT FREAKING HINT :)


ha ha, i am only kidding i know you wont post this comment..

Hama Roska said...

That looks like a ton of fun. I can't wait until the days of shorts in Logan.

You have such a cute family and I have to mention I love your playlist.

Miss you. Emily Roska

Sherry said...

That was sooo fun to look at. It looks like you had a wonderful time. Thanks for sharing. Sorry you had to come home to cold. I love St. George too, especially when it's winter.

Camille said...

Did you bring some of that St. George sun back with you?? I may need to go get some myself...
Can't believe how big Cam is getting! What a cute little boy and you guys all just keep getting cuter with every picture! Glad to see everyone's doing well!

Jeni said...

Your trip sounds like it was just what you guys were needing! I'm glad your first official family trip with Cam went great! We need to get together and do some things before we lose you guys as neighbors! Brett and I were just talking about how long it's been! I'm glad you guys have had fun through Rex's crazy school schedule though!

Camilla said...

How nice to get away from the winter/spring madness! St. George is the best. You got awesome pictures. That is so wonderful you have a good little traveler. :)