12/16/2008

--MidNighT MunCHieS for MaC & CheeSe!--

Ok...I know what you're thinkin...Mac and Cheese??? Gross. Seriously though, It just hits us about midnight every once in a while!.... In fact, we're usually in bed, all nice and warm, about ready to shut our eyes....and this conversation happens

R: I'm hungry.
J: Well go get something to eat.
R: Well...aren't YOU hungry a little bit too.
J: Not really, but depends on what you fix.
R: Do you feel like Mac and Cheese?
J: :)
R: If you'll make it, I'll eat it.
J: But it was YOUR idea!
R:Oh come on, please! You make it better than me!
J: Thanks! Ok, I'll make it!

And 14 minutes later we're sitting in bed eating Mac and Cheese. Its probably one of our favorite things to do, although it would be kinda nice if the conversation happened BEFORE I was all comfy, cozy, snuggled down into bed ready to shut my tired little eyes.

12:10 A.M. (honestly, who COOKS at this time???)

How can THIS be worth getting out of bed and losing about an hour of sleep to satisfy an urge?

11 sweet scribbles :):

Jill said...

You guys are so cute! Julie, I'm so thankful to have you as my sister! Good choosing big brother! Love you guys!

Natalie said...

That is funny! Sleep always comes before food for me....especially Mac and Cheese! We eat a box about once a month. I think I know what I'm bringing for Bingo prizes!!

Sheena said...

you seriously crack me up! I think i would rather sleep, but wait... is that why you are so skinny. Is this the M&C diet?

Sherry said...

Sometimes that's the best time of the day to do something together. The kids are asleep and you get to just be together and munch and visit. It will make for good memories.

Greg and Taya said...

How funny! I love it! It sounds like good times to me!

dustjen said...

That actually sounds really good right now :) Good thing we have a whole storage of Mac-n-cheese!
I hope you guys have a great Christmas!!

KC said...

nobody else is saying it...so I will...hmmmm baby in the oven? midnight cravings...hello!

~Emily~ said...

Hehe, you guys are hilarious - LOVE it! Jerry and I can't agree on how we like our M & C...he just hasn't seen the light yet at how good it is when it's creamy as opposed to having semi-hard noodles and the super salty taste, blech! P.S. Kim & I had this dish after our training session at the gym last night...(that was probably pretty counter-productive, oops)

The Nielsen's said...

Too cute! I'll have to give you the recipe for my homemade mac and cheese - its SO much better than the boxed stuff.

Chris and Kristen said...

That's awesome! I miss little things like this.

The Newest Mexicans said...

BAby in the oven?!! KC.... let's be real here. "R", was the one craving the mac, and unless he's figured out a way to become pregnant..... well, I don't think I need to say it.