9/10/2008

Another Attempt....& HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

So, I decided to try and make another quilt, only this one would be bigger than crib size....So, I got thinking and decided I wanted to make it for one of my really good, lifelong friends' birthday! The big day was 7 weeks away! I began thinking up all the measurements, colors and planning it all out... And WHELP...Here's what I came out! Here's to you "Memily" I hope you had an awesome birthday! You deserve it! You are one of the most THOUGHTFUL, GENEROUS people I know and you NEVER forget anything!!! Thanks for your friendship over ALL the years! I love ya to death!!!!!!!

I kinda forgot to take pics as I was going along making it, so, really all I have is this pic of all the squares stacked after I got done sewing each individual square....and then the final product.....


Here it is!!!! I was really worried about these 3 colors flowing together, but I really wanted to use them since they were her favorites. She seemed to like it( which I really hope she did, minus all my flaws I'm sure will appear!)...actually her 22 year old brother liked it a lot too! He asked me to make him one....I couldn't help but laugh!

2 sweet scribbles :):

The Nielsen's said...

Wow - aren't you the domestic one!?!? Great job on the quilt - you'll have to teach me how to do that sometime. Hey - would you PLEASE call me soon so we can go do somethin'???

~Emily~ said...

YOU seriously stinking SPOILED ME ROTTEN! I don't think you can completely understand how much I LOVE the blanket!!! I took it to the USU game last night...VERY COZY!! Thanks a billion times again for it. You are always such a great friend to me, I struggle to keep up with you! =)