It has been a humbling past couple of weeks for me. Many reasons, but one in particular. I got a new calling in our ward- I wasn't REALLY prepared for what it was.....but in a sense I guess you could say I was. As usual, when I get that call from the Bishop asking to come and visit for a few minutes...INSTANT panic sets in. I was almost 100% positive that I was going to get called to be the Sunday school teacher..thanks to my neighbor Troy (also the SS president) who told me he had mentioned to the Bishop that he wanted us to be teachers....So all week I was anxious, nervous..( I really DO NOT like teaching ) about how I was going to dodge this one....But, Wednesday came and while I was out for my morning run; I realized ..I KNEW in my heart what the calling would be. Lets be honest, I don't usually guess correctly on what the bishop visits will pertain to or what my next calling will be....but this time around....I just knew. They called me to be the Young Women's president. I was floored that they would want someone so "inadequate" as myself. I feel as though I had just left YW, and now I'm supposed to be leading them and ...planning and all that stuff?? Talk about overwhelming amounts of emotions. So....here I start this new journey in life and HOPE that I can really try to make a difference in these girls' lives and hope that I can truly fulfill this calling. So...to any of you YW presidents out there....I am totally open to any advice and ideas about what things have worked for you in the past!
8/28/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





11 sweet scribbles :):
That is a very overwhelming calling to have but you will do AWESOME!! Just be yourself and the girls will love you and know that you are trying your hardest. You are so good at getting people excited about things from your spunky personality that the girls will gravitate towards you and want to be around you. You are also so amazing at making people feel loved and welcome no matter who they are, this calling is PERFECT for you and you are going to be amazing! Have fun!! The girls just want and need a friend and role model to look up to so give them just that and you will do awesome.
I am in the Young Women's right now as the 2nd counselor. If you want to bounce activity ideas off each other...i'd be more than happy to help! Congrats! And you will want to get on medication now...just to prevent any future breakdowns!
You will do awesome Julie. I am the 2nd counselor in the YW and it has been good for me. It definetly is an adjustment for me. These girls are faced with more challenges than I ever was growing up and they go to very rough schools. I struggle sometimes in knowing how to relate to them with what they are going through, but they really are just kids at heart and love weirdness, so I have been fine. You are so fun and they are going to love you. You will have your struggles, as all callings have, but you will do great.
Congrats Julie! I know that it's overwhelming, but you'll do so great. You are so much fun, and the girls will love you. Call me! We need to get together soon!
i know the feeling!!!! i have been pres for about a month now, and i am 4 months pregnant- and i am a high risk prego person, so i have to take it super easy. its amazing the calm assurance that comes with good counselors and advisors. i think you will be awesome!!!! we should definately bounce ideas around!!!!
Oh wow - good luck! I know that you'll be an awesome YW president! Call me soon, okay?
Julie, you are going to be an AMAZING yw president!! Just love those girls. They are wonderful. And each of them comes with different challenges. Just learn to connect with each of them. Pray for them. Before you know it, you will be so in love with each of them. I still miss those sweet girls.
Congratulations! You'll do great.
Congrats Julie--- you'll be so good for this ward!!!
Julie--Im not much in to church, but I will always remember my young women leaders. I had one that I will always love and care about. I know that you will be that type of insperation to your girls. You will be able to help them in ways you can not imagine. You will do great!
lucky young women! You'll be awesome! :)
Post a Comment