4/29/2008

An outstanding MOTHER--

This is probably the hardest post yet I've had to write. I send it out to one of my sweetest and closest friends in the whole world, Angie. This past week she has experienced something far worse than anything I have ever had to endure in my lifetime. She lost her Mom to a courageous battle of Cancer.
.
I really don't know much about this horrible disease, but I do know that it can take some of the most wonderful people from this world. Her mom was a much loved woman everywhere she went. She always had a smile on her face and was looking out for the best in everyone . I admired her for that. She was an example of someone who knew the true meaning of Christlike. I am grateful I was able to know such an amazing woman.
.
I believe that when something such as this happens, it is a time that we can reflect on our own lives and see all the many things we take for granted everyday. I just wake up each morning and expect my mom and dad to be on the other end of the phone if I need them, but one day they won't be, and that day may come sooner than I hope or think, but until then I ask myself....Do my parents know how much I love them? Do they know how much they mean to me and how much I admire all the things they have done or sacrificed for me? The list could go on.. this is just something that has occupied my mind a lot lately, but I hope that we all let the people we love and care about most...know how we feel.
.
I am so thankful for the knowledge I have and that I was raised the way I was, because I know that Angie's mom is in a much better place where she is happier and she is now waiting for her precious family to join her someday. I know that journey for them will be extremely hard, but they are so strong and they will make it.
.
Angie has given me a lot of courage and strength just from watching her and talking with her about this. She is one of my new hero's. She has showed me just how much one person can endure. My heart goes out to her and her family. Your mom will be missed greatly- until you meet again..................

4 sweet scribbles :):

Kurtis said...

Is this Angie Duke?.. she's probably married by now so I am not sure her last name now. If it is you should pass on my condolences.

Kristin Bishop said...

that is so sad. I totally agree with what you said. It get's you thinking...that's for sure. Great post.

~Emily~ said...

Julie Ann! I was handling the passing of Angie's mom so well in my head but reading your sweet post, I'm just finishing bawling. I whole-heartedly agree with every word of this post. I just don't want Angie to ever forget that she actually does have a LARGE family in Utah who loves her very much and would do anything for her.

Ryan & Keri said...

I don't know your friend, Angie, but my prayers will be with her and her family. I have lost many friends and family to this disease in different capacities. But I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for all of us. He knows just what we need when we need it. It's definitely hard for those of us who are left behind, but it makes me so grateful for eternal families via the temple sealing powers. We are so blessed to have the Gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives. And I think it's awesome that you are reevaluating your relationships and making sure people know how much you care. We never know when we will be called home. As such, I hope you know how awesome you are, Julie! You are such a sweet woman and you're beautiful. You have such a calm and peace about you, and you love so easily and genuinely. Thanks for being so accepting of me and a wonderful friend. I will forever remember passing you as I was going in and out; you were either leaving to go running with Cam in the stroller, playing with him on the grass, or (un)buckling him in the car. You are such a great mother and wife. I love you!