5/04/2008

ScHooLs OuT foR sUmMeR!!!

Celebrating. I love to celebrate anything for any reason. So sometimes, its really a random celebration......But this time its legit! Rex finished his Junior year and we only have one more to go till graduation!

Finally some light at the end of the tunnel for us!! The junior year is said to be the hardest and I completely AGREE with that. I have never seen anyone study as much, as hard, and as long as my dedicated husband did! He took 16 credits this semester and also had to take the FE (fundamentals of engineering...yeah its a BIG 8 HOUR exam ..so its kinda important), study for it, and had to do ...well...I don't know how many projects for school...but he literally lived at the library! I am so proud of him and so proud of how far he has come! He is amazing to me.

I remember a time during the semester that I actually convinced Rex to take a night off of studying and we went to our friends house and played guitar hero (which is totally addicting and one of the funnest things in the world!) and one of the songs was by Alice cooper called- "Schools out for summer!" I remember thinking...I can't WAIT to be able to actually say those words and know that school was really out for summer~!! (so hence the title of this post!)

Here is a few ways we celebrated this weekend! If you notice Cameron is in most of the pictures with Daddy! He basked in the presence of seeing him for more than 15 minutes!


Isn't this picture so sweet?

We had a BBQ at the park with our friends and Cameron LOVED this slide..WITH dad at his side!
Jazz game!! --Round 1 game 6!

Yes we WON! ...and we found Adam and Emily were there too!!

Oreo Cookies..Do we need anything else to celebrate!

Yo gabba gabba...His new entertainment. He literally cannot take his eyes off it!

This is HIS spot..to watch HIS show!

UNLESS of course his daddy is here..then HIS spot is right by his side! I saved the best picture for last! I love this one!

13 sweet scribbles :):

Malinda S. said...

So so cute! Love all the pictures. Summer is great isnt it? Sadly that is when Travis' work kicks it into overdrive. So I dont get to see my husband as much. Let us know if you come down this way. We would love to see you guys!

Rachel said...

Wow, how fun! We had such a great time at the Bar -B-Q with you guys! oh I wanted to send you this link to snapfish for your pictures...

"It's Snapfish's 8th birthday! To celebrate, we're giving you free shipping until May 11 on your next photo gift order.* Use coupon NOSHIP08 at checkout."

Natalie said...

Yippee!!! Way to go, Rex! I hope you guys find lots of fun things to fill your time this summer...like coming to see us! When you are down this way you should stop by and see our little Ryker! Jaxon would love to play with Cameron Ü

Janette said...

Yeah for school being out! Sadly Josh will be going back in a week. I can't believe how big your little boy is. It's amazing how fast they grow.

tina said...

Wow! Tell Rex congrats! I wish I'd stuck with it. And for a funny, I saw the pic with adam in it and I'm thinking wow that looks a lot like adam vincent, from high school. Then it hit me. Julie VINCENT!!!! I didn't realize you two were related!

Rex said...

Jewels,

I Love The Blog. Thanks for being my patient loving wife through those hard months. You're the BEST!! I love you!!

Michelle said...

You have such a great family. I love to read your blog.
Jazz Game....Im jelouse.
Lunch???

Jenn's Notes said...

Julie Vincent I can't believe it. I was blog stocking and came across your blog. How funny is that. I love your blog it is so cute. How did you get your title like that I love it. Keep in touch it's fun seeing you guys. Your little guy was still in your tummy the last time I saw you. He is so cute. Add us to your link list so we can stay in touch.

Unknown said...

Julie-
I came across your blog from Jenn's and couldn't help but remind you of the time that you lived next door to my Grandad Boyce and you and my sister played an evil trick on me by ringing the doorbell a million times...My Grandad thought it was me and spanked my butt! CRAZY TIMES!!

Your family is really cute!! It was nice to catch up!

Rachel Boyce Nipper

Chris and Kristen said...

Julie!
Hey, I love your new blog layout. How did you do it? Did you find a new website? It looks like you figured out how to change the pictures in your header. What did you use to do it? I am always looking to learing new things. Hey, we are goint to be in Utah in July. We have a family renunion in Eden, Utah, a baby blessing in idaho, and jackson hole all packed into a week, so we only have one day that we can hang out. That day is Tuesday, the 8th. Sorry about the busy schedule, but we really want to hang out with you, so do you think you could pencil us in for that day? If so, that would be awesome. Let me know. Thanks.

Chris and Kristen said...

Also, congrats to Rex! That is so awesome. How nice to have a summer break!

Ryan & Keri said...

What cute boys! Cam is so sweet, and he looks so big!! I can't believe it. Yea for school getting out!!

The Reeds said...

Awe that is so cute! I love the pic where he is cuddling his lovey. Wow! 5 years huh! Man you guys are old. HA HA. No really that is awesome.