3/15/2008

**a MUCH needed BREAK**

Playin in the sandbox at Grandma Kings! He loved it!!!

Twins?....possibly!Mesmerized with Grandpa's Race track!

Involved with Grandpa's race track!Fun in the tub with Cousin Rex! (*yes there is a bottle of baby shampoo in Cam's mouth, and no he is not eating it!)

*Sunshine
*Swimming
*Shorts
*Sunglasses
*Sandals

These 5 S's are things which get Rex and I through the Winter as we are stuck in a valley of Bitter COLD!!! So as the words SPRING BREAK are on the lips of many college kids, I immediately begin the planning of what will occupy our 7 days of preparation into Summer. A trip to California, a trip to St. George, a trip to anywhere that we can break out the 5 S's to begin the SEASON of HAPPINESS.

But No, ....this Spring break didn't include ANY of the 5 S's. I was quite sad and feeling very picked on that I wasn't going to be doing anything. But....regardless, We actually had a GREAT week! We stayed at Rex's parents part of the week and my parents the other part!! Cameron got to play with his cousins and learned LOTS of new things!
The highlight of our trip would be our Snowmobiling trip up by Deer Valley resort! Adam and Emily invited us along...so Becky, Adam, Emily, Rex and I were all able to go Friday morning!! (it took a little work actually getting us there, if you know what i mean Becky!! We'll just blame Adam.:) ) The best part of the trip would be when we got going up the mountain and behind us was ugly dark grey skies with snow and rain and in front of us was CLEAR BLUE skies with SUNSHINE!! Nothing made me happier than being in the mountains that morning and seeing the sun! We had such a great time! Grandma King watched Cameron most of the day for us!! He had such a good time playing with her!! We are so thankful for such awesome parents!!
The highest point on top of the mountains! The view was INCREDIBLE!
This little machine has A LOT of power..(trust me, i know ;) Yes, I took this picture while i was driving...but it looks cool right?!!!

11 sweet scribbles :):

Natalie said...

Looks like you guys had fun! Wish I could have been there. {sigh}

Unknown said...

Cam is so stinking cute!! . . . and yay for Grandma King!

Erin said...

I'm sorry you didn't get your 5 S's but at least you got a spring break!! BYU doesn't have ANY breaks for school (which I hate, by the way). It looks like you guys still had fun though and got some different S's.
Snow
Snowmobiles
Silence (from not having Cameron)
Snuggly time
Sanity from no school
Okay those were dumb S's but If I had a chance for any of those five things I would take them. Except for the "Snow" one. I hope you guys had fun. And I'm glad you posted the tub pictures I have never seen Jill's little guy before. Tell her I say hi when you see her next.

Ryan & Keri said...

It looks like you guys had such a fun spring break! We're hitting the slopes tomorrow here in Colorado. We can't wait! Give Cameron a big kiss. He's so cute! Glad you had a week with Rex to yourself.

Kurtis said...

It's great to see you guys doing so well. Cam is getting so big! I am sure you love hearing that!!!! Time for another?? :) Hope all is well!

Nina said...

Thanks for the comment--we love reading your blog, too! And we are very flattered to have stalkers. :)

P.S. Cam is adorable!!! Just like a lil' Gap baby!

Sheena said...

I agree, we do need to have a olay date! Just let me know when you want to do it and i will be there.

Malinda S. said...

I have never been snowmobiling...probably because I hate snow. But I have heard it is tons of fun. We are coming up on the 4th - 6th and don't really have plans except for the night of the 4th. We dont have a phone # for you guys anymore. Travis lost is phone a month back or so. Can you email it?

Ryan & Keri said...

I just saw Cam's 14-month old picture. What a ham! He looks so cute, Julie. Were those taken at Kiddie Kandids? I love them!!

Sheena said...

I have May 2 off. Will you be around? If so, lets play!

Sherry said...

Those are great pictures. I'm so glad you had fun in the mountains and that there was blue sky and sunshine. I'm glad Cam got to play with us and litte Rex. He's such a cutie!!