

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We started the big road trip out to California! We stopped in Vegas and stayed the night! Cameron loved it! (or else just loved staying awake till 1 in the MORNING!!)
At least everyone is still smiling at midnight and after being in the car for 7 + hours! :)
Arrived in San Diego! Admiring the view from the condo for the few minutes we had and then..... we were off to........
These guys were absolutely FANTASTIC live! I don't know who we were all more excited to see...Tim or LADY A!!!!!
This is her singing my favorite song right now!! I love it! Every time we get in the car we listen to it!
THIS is the song! (click the next button once and then hit the play button & make sure its playing "our kind of love")
Don't these guys look thrilled to be taking a picture??
It was fun having a night out with all my siblings! (Thanks Dad for watchin' Cameron!)
While Lady A is looking rather romantic in their pic, Rex and I are bein' dorks!
Nothin' like a good concert smoocheroo :)
Yes Tim, you are a REAL.GOOD.MAN. :)
Seriously such a fun concert! I love Tim's new songs.... and of course the favorite old one..{somethin' like that}! :)
**Check out the playlist at the bottom of the blog! It has the favorite songs from the concert! (although it has Alison Krauss listed as the singer. Uh no.... Its actually Lady A. and I couldn't find the "our kind of love" song either which is why I hooked ya up with a sweet link! So you didn't miss out!
This was such a fun night!!!! Perfect way to start off the vacation!
Startin' the morning off nice and lazy. (yes, that is Rex in there with all my sisters(and Cam)!
Todd showin' him the ropes on how its done.....
He is supa cute. I love those cheekers!
Hittin' the waves.....
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
then built castles and got buried!
Then he finally returned (after what felt like he had been gone AGES) but looking so much better, so...we gave it a kiss and...
.....Rex and Katie were right back out there catchin' the next wave~! (Crazy huh?) We played ALL DAY out there and just remembered one thing.....{The STINGRAY SHUFFLE!} keeps them away!.JPG)

Today was Sunday. So, we decided to go over to the San Deigo Temple. Not exactly what we were expecting to see....but it was amazing to be able to see something like this. We actually were here a few years ago, and did a session....So it was a total different sight this time! But, even under all the scaffolding, you can still see the
Cameron was FASCINATED!
He really wanted to go inside!! (Someday Buddy! Someday!!!)
.JPG)
.JPG)


.JPG)
.JPG)
And then we made it to our hotel room and everyone CRASHED! On mine and Rex's bed. What a day!
Hittin' the waves.....
Rex & Kates just headin' out.....and then....
quickly headin' back in-- To the + LIFEGUARD + station! are you kidding me??? Within an hour....Rex (OF ALL PEOPLE!) managed to get .........
quickly headin' back in-- To the + LIFEGUARD + station! are you kidding me??? Within an hour....Rex (OF ALL PEOPLE!) managed to get .........
So they hauled him off to the station... :( Sad first hour at the beach! But while we patiently waited for Stingray Rexy to return we .......
Caught some PRETTY FREAKIN SWEET WAVES ON OUR BOARDS!
then built castles and got buried!
Then he finally returned (after what felt like he had been gone AGES) but looking so much better, so...we gave it a kiss and...
And thus our first Beach day ended....I took this pic from our balcony! We got to see this every night!
Absolutely BEAUTIFUL~

Today was Sunday. So, we decided to go over to the San Deigo Temple. Not exactly what we were expecting to see....but it was amazing to be able to see something like this. We actually were here a few years ago, and did a session....So it was a total different sight this time! But, even under all the scaffolding, you can still see the
amazing
beauty of it!
Everyone looking up.......
He really wanted to go inside!! (Someday Buddy! Someday!!!)
Always waitin' on Katie to get in the car so we could get to our next destination :)
Then we went to Torrey Pines and it had such pretty piers! We saw sea lions and crabs!
We found these cool rocks that had holes in them and when the waves hit them it shot up through them!
Rex with his little shadow! These two are best buds!!! He is such a great dad!!
..................................................................
We headed back home and saw it was HIGH TIDE......
{SA-WEET!}
Me and Lis, deciding if we really wanted to get in the ocean at 8 at night......
So we did!....And caught some waves...again! :) This was a BLAST THAT NIGHT!
{What are Rex and Katie doing here in this picture???? }
Todd skim boarding..This is actually way hard!
Today was pretty overcast, (If my overcast days here in Logan looked this good, I'd be pretty happy) ...so we decided to head down the boardwalk and do some shopping
Debated renting bikes....typical faces of indecisiveness :)
Our lovely models Katy (Todd's GF) and Katie with their new hoodies!
It was still warm enough that we didn't let some clouds get us down, So, we hit the waves.... Todd and Rex just catchin a good one.....
I love this picture. Todd & Katy just chillin' on the boogie boards and then there's Rexy totally takin' on that huge wave!!! :)

I loved seeing this boardwalk every night....So I had to grab a picture of it. :) But, about 10 o clock that night we decided to head down to the beach to play some football, wave chasing, Red rover, frisbee.....You name it. We played it.
Cam was all set to take on the "bad guys" for us.With his powerful glow in the dark sword and little tikes tractor. Yep, we'll be safe for sure. (He is a little night owl!!)
This was a favorite game! We'd run out as far as we could to see who could make it the furthest WITHOUT getting wet!
Cam just took it all in......While we played frisbee.
Perfect night on the beach. Especially with someone you love :) (Love my uncoordinated outfit?)
Yeah, I'd say everyone was a little tired going back in that night!

We headed over that HUGE bridge to this little island. It was GORGEOUS!
This was a cool view as we were rollin' in.....
We found a volleyball net on the beach and started a game! The arrow is pointing to our friends that picked up the game with us! That was so fun playing all day!!! (*One of them is going Pro in Water Polo!)
After the game, we did some diggin'
and scoopin' (Cam was really gettin' into this!)
LOOK at the sand on that face!!! We took half of the beach home!
Got buried and built Sand turtles! (Nice job Katy!)
and left our footprints ......
This was one of my favorite pictures ever! This really was his expression when he was playing with the birds. He fed them half our lunch!
We walked across this sweet bridge that had this freeway under it. It was so lush and green. It was like a freeway in the middle of a forrest!
Perfect way to end the evening! Rex and I went for a walk that night along the boardwalk and found this cool pier. I know, totally romantic right? ;)

You have to be this BIG to ride!
So Cameron didn't get to ride....But those guys did!! So, I totally took a pic of them upside down! (This ride was freakin' crazy!!!!!)
There they are! Front row!!
Grandpa and Grandma hangin' out with the lil' guy while we ride :) They are the best!
Cameron was NOT happy to be waiting in line to ride his train!
Isn't it interesting how the simple things entertain them MORE than the actual rides we PAID for???
I love Cam's face here. He loved this ride!
So the big kids bailed for the interesting rides and G&G and I all hung out in Snoopy land .....I gotta admit, I think I actually enjoy watching Cam ride more than I like riding big kid rides now!
Grandma ridin' the swa---weet school bus!
Ok I had to give the rides a try...make sure they were safe ;) (Be glad I didn't post the pic of us on the roller coaster) :)
He wanted Grandpa to ride on the Tug boat!
My little PILOT!
I ABSOLUTELY love these pictures of him on the air mail ride. This shows his REAL smile! And that little girl, ohhhhh....I think they fell.in.love on this ride.
Cam got to meet Snoopy...{He wasn't too sure about it}!
We took one of our last rides on the hot air balloons....I loved how he would look at me with such anticipation for what the ride would do!!!
Of course after riding all those kids rides, It took a bit of convincing to get me on the big ones, but I did it. Fearlessly! (ha ha) :) This is a great shot of Todd and Rex going 0-82 in 2 seconds flat!(don't you love the face of the kid in red (behind Todd)!!)
Good thing Rexy is buff and can hold me!!! (We had to get a pic in front of the Silver Bullet, it may have taken a bit of convincing for me to get on that thing!)
Ahhh Aren't my parents so cute! :) Thanks mom and dad for the super fun day!!!
I had to take a pic of the GORGEOUS skyline of Knotts berry farm as we were leaving. Perfect ending to a perfect day!
{So one might ask..... what do you do all day to have a beach party??} ....Well we......
Play in the sand, build lots of stuff...and dig REALLY deep holes. (Where's Waldo Cameron??)
Take leisurely runs along the beach. We ran 4 miles that morning..... Freakin' amazing running on the beach!
Lots and Lots of Boarding!!!
{Dad & Katie catchin' some early morning waves!}
Of course...Work on our sweet "in-air" jumps! {Nice moves Kathy..I mean Katie} :)
We may have played some hand-stand-kick-up! (or kick Katie's head..whichever works)
Leave sweet love messages for each other in the sand....
{Can you find the hidden message?}
We found TONS of sand CRABS!! {Cameron LOVVVVVVEEEEDD this!}
Is someone excited??
So later that night, we decided we needed some good nourishment after all that playing!!....So we got dressed ( I know, amazing.....)
Put on our flashy,cheesy smiles
and headed to......
which is really FAMOUS for.....
So of course we had to snatch a quick pic of us by the famous piano (which is in the window, but it's hard to see!)
So we all ordered up some delicious-fall-off-the-bone ribs and indulged in our last night in San Diego,CA!
All good things must come to an end.....So we took one last stroll along the beach and then tried to tell Cameron it was time to go......
He didn't take lightly to the news, and....
He had to throw a little fit about it....But we promised him something yummy to come that night
and we did just as we promised....
Ice Cream makes EVERYTHING better! (especially this YUMMY stuff!!!!!)
This may have been my favorite day. I LOVED the vacation, and wouldn't have traded it for anything, but wow..... I missed Korver more than I EVER EVER EVER imagined I would. I'm so glad he was in such great hands and so very, very loved while we were away!!
We finally arrived back home and picked up this super CUTE and SWEET THING which I missed SO DANG MUCH and kissed 3 billion times that day!!
Cameron wouldn't let him out of his sight!! He kept asking when he would get to see his brother!!! (I love how hard he is trying to hold Korv up!)
And the only sound better than hearing the ocean waves every morning day and night, is hearing these 2 little boys giggling!!!
Thank you so much to my family for everything and all the hard work and effort put into this vacation.Thanks Rexy for being the Best Husband ever and being the life of the party! It was a blast! I love being with my family!! They really are the GREATEST and I'm so happy they are mine!!
Now....Bring on the Summertime Baby!!! Isn't life fantastic??




























10 sweet scribbles :):
We love Diego! Every time we go, which is at least yearly, we debate about moving there. Love all the pics. Your cousin is freakin' awesome. Could I call her on my next vaca to take my baby?
What an amazing trip! It looks like you guys had such a great time! So glad you could spend time with your family. BTW, on the dating, go to simply modern moms on my website and print off "Project 52." Then, go to the Dating Divas from my website, and they have all of the dating ideas. I have buttons for both of these on my website. It's seriously so fun!
Wow I love that post looks like you guys had so much fun!! Family vacations are the best.
As far as getting my kids to jump off the boat I am a bad mom I threw them in the first time... But then I let them jump to me a couple times and they just stopped wanting me to catch them.
I agree Life is FANTANSTIC.
WOW, now THAT is what I'd call a VA-CA-TION!! You guys make Cali look good.
Gosh, will you ever not be the hottest babe around? ;) That's great that you got to spend so much quality time w/your cute fam. . . & HELLO, Mr. McGraw AND Lady A. . . whaaa? jealous.
Anyway love, I'll be grillin' @ my apt on Fri, so if you guys are down, you should totally stop by! Sat I'll be at Lagoon then in Provo later.....but I will likely be in Brigham for the 2nd half of Sunday & most of Monday?....are you comin' to see Eclipse w/us on Monday morn?
Gimme a ring missy.
xoxo miss yer tiny lil guts!
P.S: THANK YOU for your sweet comment on my blog!!
Wow! What a vacation. I'm tired after reading it! Thanks for the post though. It was great to catch up. I love living vicariously through you. Cute swimsuit by the way. I wish I was flatter so my swimsuits looked right. Pregnancy boobs really ruin a lot of things. Glad your doing well. Cute blog too. I love all the custom fonts and things you do with it. How do you do all of that stuff?
Alright Kristen. I never comment back on my own blog, but I gotta tell ya...that may be the funniest blog comment I've ever read. Seriously. (I gotta admit, I've never had many people compliment my "lack" thereof) but hey, if it helps me look better in a swimsuit....well then.... awesome!! Forget the gym. :)
Check your blog. I left ya a little somethin' somethin'.....
P.S. You don't even look pregnant so....you have nothin' to worry about.
Oh Julie how I miss you and these kinds of conversations! The blog probably isn't the place to say certain things, but it can't be fluffy all the time! I did get your post and it made me laugh as well. I would love for you to call me and teach me how to all that stuff over the phone. Give me a call! 480.664.4997
Hey Julie, you guys have been busy having all kinds of fun holy cow!!! I know I need to update my blog. I just got back from Arizona on Monday July 5th so I have a few things to post. I'm glad you have been having lots of fun with your family. And yes it does seem like forever since we've talked or seen each other. I had a blast in Arizona and didn't want to come home (I did miss Jason a ton that's not why I didn't want to come home). It was good hearing from you, I miss our conversations we'll have to catch up!!!!
Post a Comment