12/01/2008

d*E*c*O*r*A*t*I*n*G!!!

OH MY....Where do I EVEN BEGIN!I LOVE THE HOLIDAYS! I love Christmas shopping, the Christmas MUSIC, Christmas MOVIES, the EXCITEMENT in the air! I love Christmas LIGHTS, the Christmas CANDY! EVERYTHING! I wait ALL year for the day that I get to take out all of my decorations and start the Holidays!




This year, I had some extra help in putting up all of the Excitment in our house! It was SOOOOOO FUN to decorate with a 2 year old! He makes me wish I was a KID again( I wish I could freeze him at this age!)

I asked him to put the lights on the tree and he did just that! Isn't that CUTE!!! (sorry this pic is blurry, my camera is totally shot, but HOPEFULLY that situation will change ....sometime around, oh say Dec. 25..... ;) right babe? :)
.
.
Every year since we've been married, Rex started the tradition of taking me to The Forgotten Carols concert! It is my FAVORITE way to start the Christmas season! Reminding me of the real reason we celebrate. It was amazing AGAIN this year! If you have never heard the music from this, I HIGHLY recommend getting it. This CD is on repeat in my car and will be Until CHRISTMAS!

13 sweet scribbles :):

jason and michelle clarke said...

I agree with you on the Forgotten Carols, it's AWESOME!! I so enjoyed going to it too. I'm excited for Christmas too. But It's always nice for it to be over after the day has come and gone, I think.
I love how you make your words so big and how they overlap. How do you do it?

Sheena said...

What a sweet little helper you have. Our tree still needs to be set up. Can i borrow Camron?

Unknown said...

I love the Forgotten Carols! We go every year - this year we have 4th row tickets! Im so excited!

Your tree is so cute - and Cameron is even cuter! I love this age too - they are SO fun!! I think Cameron and Logan would have a ball together!

Erin said...

Hey Julie,
I don't know if I totally understood the comment you sent to me but I think you are wondering why I make the final price lower than it actually is after the coupons. I just factor in the $5 savings and 5 rental codes as like $10 off of your purchase because although you will be spending around $20 on your groceries you will be getting another $5 to spend on grocery and then the movie rental codes so you will be saving $10 on other items you shop for later. Its kindof like if I buy 20 things and it cost me $20 to buy them they are a $1 a piece but because of the extra $5 and movie rental codes its like you can buy 15-20 things for $20, so your out of pocket for those 15-20 things changes from a $1 a piece to like $.70 a piece. Does that make sense at all!!? I don't even know if that was what you were asking but I hope it kindof helps. If not, I'm sorry, it is really confusing.

Sometimes I think of deals like this as "well I don't really need some of these things right now but I was already planning on spend $20 on stuff at the grocery store. Why don't I just buy this stuff for $20 and then I will get some additional money or catalinas to spend on the things that I need, so I'll get more for my money!"


Hope, this helps. And believe me, I don't have it all together and I'm not this amazing mom that does everything for their kids and manages it all. I wish it was that way but half the time Claire is upstairs screaming in her bed after a nap while I finish a blog post or I turn around from looking at the computer and my kids are covered in markers, there are toys all over the place and the kids have dumped cereal all over the front room. Believe me I'm not even close to having it all together! :) I wish you lived close by so we could hang out during the day while our hubbies are away!

Erin

Erin said...

Sorry that was extremely long, I should have sent you an email instead.

Erin

jill langston kaufusi said...

I love decorating for Christmas too. We're losing all of our ornaments, though. Keiti thinks they're balls to play with..

Chris and Kristen said...

I love the Forgotten Carols CD. I have never been to the concert, but one day I will get there I'm sure. Have a great Christmas!

~Emily~ said...

You are so lucky...if only every Christmas tree came with a sweet two-year-old lil guy to help with the decorating! =) Hope you guys are doing great!!

Michelle said...

I tagged you!! Get to work.

Rachel said...

I just barely was introduced to the forgotten carols ( i have heard the dongs but didn't know what they were all about with the whole story and everything...) anyway I love them now too! I just wanted to say i have a top secret fun idea for "the boys" email me so i can then email you the details
rachel.richins@gmail.com

Ryan & Keri said...

I love reading your posts. They always reflect your bubbly personality! I'm so glad that you had such a great time decorating the tree and going to the concert. I miss so many things about Logan. And you are one of them!

Ryan & Keri said...

I love reading your posts. They always reflect your bubbly personality! I'm so glad that you had such a great time decorating the tree and going to the concert. I miss so many things about Logan. And you are one of them!

Sherry said...

It looks like Cam had a great time helping out. We sure had fun playing with him while you were at the Forgotten Carols. Rex should get tickets for us also next year. :-)