With this month bringing us the holiday of Thanksgiving, I am thinking a lot about all of the things I am thankful for, but especially the past couple of days, I have never been so thankful for the Gospel. My heart hurts so much for my dear friend from High school who passed away last night. I couldn't help but focus on all of the sad things and why this would happen. I pondered a lot on all of the many memories we had made, the things we had been through, and all the past times we had, but through all the tears, Rex reminded me of the amazing plan of HAPPINESS that Heavenly Father has given to us and because of that I know we will see her again. I am so thankful for that knowledge.
.
Its hard not to feel sad, especially when something like this happens so suddenly. But with the knowledge I have and knowing that this isn't where her journey ends, helps make things a little easier. Knowing that I can kneel anytime and pray to my Heavenly father for strength, and comfort is such a blessing. I am so thankful for that. This is the second person this year, that I've known very well who has passed away. Death is one the hardest things for me to deal with because I find myself thinking about it so much and continually reflecting back on their life. I know that I would never be able to make it through such hard times without the Gospel and having a Father in Heaven who I can turn to for peace. For that, I am eternally GRATEFUL.
My heart and prayers go out to the family. I love them and I hope they will find the peace and comfort they are searching for.






17 sweet scribbles :):
I am so sorry to hear about your friend. Who was it??? God always does things for a reason that is one thing I have learned over the years. again I am sorry!
Julie...I am so sorry for your loss. She sounds like an amazing friend.
Jessie was a great friend. I miss her and love her too Julie. You know I have so many good memories with her.
Julie, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. And my prayers go out to you and her family. Death is difficult to deal with and the period of mourning, but like you said, you can find peace, comfort, and hope in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Whenever I refelt on David's past sicknesses and how we've come so close to losing him, I feel entirely grateful for being sealed in the temple. No matter what happens on this earth, we will be together forever. And I think abotu Gethsemane. I think about how Christ knows everything about me. He knows entirely how to succor me. When I turn to Him and to Heavenly Father in prayer, I can find peace--even when my heart is broken. I wish I was there. I would hug you. *loves
reflect
I am sorry about your friend! I love that no matter how hard our times are or how lonely, frustrated, sad, angry, hurt, overwhelmed, or whatever else we are we can always turn to the Savior for help through everything.
i haven't stopped crying since i heard, but i am also glad for the gospel- where would we be without it.
Wow it's tough to hear things like that but the gospel does help. It makes me want to keep in touch more with all of my friends
That was very well said, Julie. It is such a sad time, but we have so much to be grateful for. I too pray for her family. I can't even imagine.
Julie,
I am so sorry. I didnt know your friend, but I am so sad. It makes me remember how fragile life is and it really makes me want to be a better person. I hope that you will have peace. I too am so greatful for the gospel of Jesus Christ and the peace that comes from knowing this life is not the end.
I love you!
So sorry to hear about your friend. Thanks for reminding us all of Heavenly Father's greatest gift to us - eternal life.
Julie I hope your ok. Im thinking of you.
I'm so sorry about your loss Julie.
It's amazing the love of our Savior and the understanding and peace we receive from the Lord. We are thinking about you and want you to know that we are here for you if you need anything at all let us know!
i called kenny porter also, i thought he would like to know (he just was getting released from the hospital from getting his appendics out) and wasnt sure he could make it. i really wish i could go, but i love in texas. do know any details?
I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. I know to, that death is hard to deal with. Especially when it is a close friend/family member. I am grateful to know that we can see them again someday, and we have to remind ourselves of that. I hope that you will be able to find the peace that you need to get you through this time. I hope that your friends family will also find that peace. The Lord knows each of us and will help you through this. Let me know if you need anything.
So sorry to hear. And I'm so Nosey but who was it? Do I know her?
Post a Comment