10/02/2008

MiSsiN mY bEtTeR hALf.....

So, as many of you know, Rex has to travel for his work, and its USUALLY just during the summer when he isn't enrolled in school, but a couple weeks ago, his boss DESPERATELY needed him to go on one this past week to California, and Rex being the AMAZING, hard, dedicated, hope to please everyone, worker that he is.... pulled some strings with his professors so he could miss a week of school, and he left last Sunday......Life is just NOT the same when he is away. Its amazing what happens to the heart when the person you love the most; leaves..... Just when I think I can't love him anymore, my heart grows fuller and fuller and I realize all the MANY, MANY things he does for us and what a big part of our lives is missing when he's away. So, I'm dedicating this post just to you babe! I wanted to list some of the things that are missed the most when you're away....

-- Your smile

--Goodnight and Goodbye kisses.

--Late night chats.

--Driving in the car, and you singing to me.

--Making Cameron's day when you walk through the door.

--Holding your hand.

--Snuggling in the love sac and watching our "shows"

--Spontaneous ice cream & donut runs.

--Snuggling feet in bed.
.
--You and Cam wrestling while I'm cooking dinner.
.
--Having our big Saturday morning breakfast.
.
--Reading scriptures together.

I believe its the simple things in life that make our little world go round, and I'm so thankful for these things we share as a couple and family! I heard one of my favorite songs the other day and I love it. Its called "I must have loved you before". I can't help but think of Us every time I hear it. My sister found it and wants this song on her wedding video one day, and I wish it could have been on mine! ..... (For those of you who have never heard this song....It is from the Joseph Smith cd called: Trek. I highly recommend hearing the whole song!)... I will share an excerpt.....


..."Maybe I was the ocean,
And you were the sandy beach
And every minute I was falling at your feet
Or maybe you were the moon
Oh and I was just the dark
Living in your sweet light
Thanking God I was where you are
They say love is eternal and I guess they must be right
.

I’ve got a timeless place for you in my heart
How I could love you this much I don’t know
But there’s this ageless feeling that tells me more and more
I must have loved you before
.
Cause whenever you kiss me
It feels like coming home...."

I love you so much Rex! I can't wait to see you! Kisses~

5 sweet scribbles :):

Jeni said...

AHHH! You made me get teary thinking about my relationships too! I'll have to get that song from you and listen to it! The blog is looking good! I'll have to have you reteach me about how to do everything because I haven't played with it enough!

Sheena said...

So i keep checking your blog to see which new pix you are going to use!

Chris and Kristen said...

I feel your pain. I hate when Chris leaves too and he is always gone.

jason and michelle clarke said...

I love that picture!!!!! It's way awesome, little Cameron's smile is cute :)

~Emily~ said...

LOVE that new fam photo at the top of your page! Dang you guys are darling!!