So, I've decided that Blogging has truly become my only form of documenting anything and everything that happens in our life anymore.....My scrapbooking supplies sit in my closet continuing to collect dust and about once a week I have anxiety set in that I am sooooo far behind and I'm not going to remember anything from my son's life because I'm not writing it down....So I thought I'd share all the fun amazing things that he's been doing lately!
.
He is DISCOVERING his world in so many ways...whether it is from watching pumpkins being carved- to eating gum with the wrappers still on- to doing jumping jacks - finding chapstick and terrorizing it and saying... "ummmm yummm mom!"- or spotting out spiders and bugs ANYWHERE AND EVERYWHERE! (EWWWW!) I am amazed everyday at how smart kids are and how much they can remember just from being told once.
Cam LOVES to read books right now. He is learning so much from every book we read him. He is talking so much and he LOVES to repeat everything I say and do. Especially at the grocery store. When I say "HI" he says Hi, When I go to scan the groceries (ya know, at those U-scan things) he proceeds to start scanning items... and BAGGING THEM. When I say See ya later ... He says See ya later and "Buh-bye" to everyone we pass on the way to the car.(sorry, truck.) Its so fun and I love to hear him talk.
Conversation yesterday between Cam and I while driving: (wait...quick background story on this. Recently we purchased a new SUV and since we have had it Rex was quick to correct Cameron that it was NOT a car and since he can't say SUV very clearly,Rex told him it was the Truck) Ok, now back to the convo:
C: Momma, Momma, Momma, Momma
M: What buddy...What?!
C: Momma, its "r" truck
M: Yep, We're riding in the truck
C: Momma, Momma, Momma,
M: Yeah buddy?
C: Dadda's truck, Dadda's truck!
M: Yep, Can you look out the window and See the Horses?
C: momma, Its BRIGHT huh?!
This conversation occurs at least 4 times a day! He loves to tell us when the sun is shining by saying " Its bright and He loves to remind us that we are in the truck!! I love it and all too soon I know these things will disappear, so for now, I just enjoy the same conversations we have on a daily basis!
.
He definitely keeps us going and on our toes. He is such a BUSY BUSY body! He never ceases to amaze us each day with something new he has picked up from watching other kids or something new he can say. He ran up to Rex the other day and just started getting excited about his pockets on his pants and telling Rex " pockets dadda, pockets!"
He definitely keeps us going and on our toes. He is such a BUSY BUSY body! He never ceases to amaze us each day with something new he has picked up from watching other kids or something new he can say. He ran up to Rex the other day and just started getting excited about his pockets on his pants and telling Rex " pockets dadda, pockets!"
.
Cam's favorite things right now are CARS! He loves anything that goes "vroom vroom" (vacuums, hair dryers, mixers, cars, motorcycles, heliocopters, airplanes) Nothing gets him more excited than to hear an engine or motor start up! We cannot go anywhere without the diaper bag being fully stocked with Hot Wheels cars! He also LOVES trains and whenever we hear one, we have to stop and listen to it blow its whistle!
.
.
He cannot go ANYWHERE without his little blue blankie. He will MAKE SURE before we leave the house that we have his "blankie!" (its our own little Charlie Brown) He especially loves to snuggle when he has his blankie. He will lay in our bed between Rex and I for the longest time if he has his blankie! He also loves to make HUTS with all of his blankie's and then HIDE! This game goes on forever!
.
He his such a good helper! He loves to help me make cookies, make the bed(and then quickly jump on it and destroy it) take the keys from my purse and unlock the door to get into the house, carries one of the grocery bags into the house, throws anything away in the garbage that we ask him too, and my favorite.... He LOVES to drive! If we put him in the driver seat he just gets his little motor mouth going and he is in 7th HEAVEN!
.
He can be such a handful, but at the end of the day I am always so happy that he is mine! He is full of energy and brings so much happiness to us as parents! We love you buddy!
.
One of my favorite talks this past General Conference was by Pres. Monson titled " Finding Joy in the journey.... I loved how he put this....
"If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly." --President Monson (Oct.2008 General Conference)





6 sweet scribbles :):
Julie Ann! I LOVE that you're letting us all in on grown up Cam is becoming!! I seriously miss being able to call you guys up & say, "Hey, meet me at Juniper in 5"...or going to USU basketball games w/you guys!!! Hope you guys are doing great. Mucho love!
Thanks for sharing all the cute things he is doing! I just love Cameron and it's so fun to see him growing up! It seems like he gets bigger everytime I see him! You guys are great parents! You can tell because of how much he loves his mamma and dadda!
I love that Cameron is satisfied with such simple things, and that he's so loveable! He has such a cute smile and sweet personality. I'm glad that you're finding the joy. You're a wonderful mother, Julie!
They sure do grow up fast! What a cute little boy!
Hey Julie,
Thanks for leaving me a comment on my new blog. I LOVE getting comments on there. I am so glad you have started using coupons! You can save so much money if you know how to use them right! As far as organizing coupons goes I would suggest clipping your coupons and then saving and dating the inserts for the coupons you don't think you will want to use. There is just something about clipping the coupons that helps you remember what you have available and to me it is so much easier to have them organized in a little box with different categories and then I can go to my "razor" section and pull out all my razor or shaving cream coupons and see what I have. I cut out any coupon that if I could get the item for free or almost free I would most likely buy. Anything else I just date the insert like with "10/5" meaning the October fifth paper and then when you are looking at websites if you don't have that coupon in your little box you know exactly where to look in your filed inserts to find the coupon. Don't through ANY coupons away!! Even if it is not something you would ever buy you might be able to buy that specific item and use a coupon and get some Overage on the coupon to go towards the rest of your purchase. Like if you have an item that costs $1.50 and you have a $2 off coupon you are going to have $.50 that can be put towards the rest of your purchase to help lower your out of pocket expenses. Make Sense! So I would suggest cutting coupons and putting them in a box with categories and then file the rest away.
Some people think that it would be so much easier to just date the inserts and then file them away and only clip the coupons they need but it is so hard to remember what coupons there are in your inserts that way and it is also really annoying to be flipping through your inserts over and over again because you "just know" that there was a coupon for that certain item and you just can't find it.
Anyway, sorry that was really long. I probably should have just sent you an email.
Thanks again for your cute comment.
Erin
Sounds like Cam is doing great. I love the stories of what he is doing. Good to hear from you!
Post a Comment