8/14/2008

Seriously...How old am I???

Well it happened. I had a birthday full of domestic useful items......and I LOVED it. I never thought I'd actually enjoy getting stuff like new dinnerware, kitchen appliances, and a SEWING machine..These are all things we give my grandma for Christmas...not stuff I get when I'm 25!!!!! But much to my disoriented thinking...I was VERY grateful for the fun birthday I had this year. I didn't waste anytime putting it to use...here is my first project on my own....


YAY...i got the light on....This is progress!...



I decided to make Cam a blanket.... once I finally got him to stay off of it, so I could put the batting in, we started with the stitching! It was a fun first project!


You can't really see it, but it has a star stitching. It kinda looked like the lacing off of the baseballs.


Once it was completely finished, Cam squealed when I wrapped him up in it! I think that's a good sign he liked it!!

4 sweet scribbles :):

Ryan & Keri said...

I'm so jealous of your sewing machine--great gift! And way to go on your blanket. I'm very impressed.

Chris and Kristen said...

This is why I don't have a sewing machine. I would never get anything done except making blankets. I love to make them. Cute blanket. I love the stars and the baseball. So cute!

Sheena said...

That pic doesnt do you justice. It looks even better in person! Go job jewels! I am proud of you. Watch out everyone here comes domestic Julie!

Greg and Taya said...

Very cute blanket!