Do you ever wake up and 5 minutes later think" I SHOULD HAVE NEVER GOTTEN OUT OF BED!"
I woke up Monday morning to pure MADNESS!
I woke up to at least 9 inches of snow outside my window and then Rex realizing he had forgotten his backpack in Brigham and he had a test the next morning. Not just any test..an OPEN BOOK, OPEN NOTE test! Where was this book and notes? IN THE BOOKBAG which was in Brigham. We call a friend in Brigham & she agreed to bring it up that morning when she came up to teach school. Then about 9:00 Rex said he will need his bookbag by 12:30 for the test! it is now 10:30 and the baby just woke up from only taking a 45 minute nap which is usually 2 1/2 hours and he is coughing... Lovely, I think.... The baby is sick, and our friend hasn't called! I am attending to my sick Cam,all the while Rex is texting me implying the URGENCY asking if the bookbag has arrived?
I finally get word, our friend isn't going to make it to Logan because the canyon is requiring snow tires and chains and she doesn't want to drive. I realize I have an hour and a half to drive to Brigham and get the bag!
I am frantically packing bags up (extra in case I get stuck in the canyon so I am literally packing as if I would be stranded in the middle of no where in BLIZZARD!) talking on the phone to my dad to see if he will meet me half way in which he agrees and then finally trying to get the baby in the car while he is screaming and pulling his ears off. I have a binky in my mouth a coat in each hand 2 diaper bags, keys, a sippie cup and package of ritz crackers which i am praying will chill Cameron out. No luck there. He didn't want crackers or the juice. So he is still screaming. I finally am on the road and after 5 minutes of driving realize there is no gas (and in an SUV I don't want to risk it! they take a ton of gas!) so I go to a gas station only to realize my sweet Cameron had pulled my wallet out and stashed it some other place than my purse! I quickly and frusturated get back in the car and drive back home in which I retrieve the wallet and then head back out on the road again. (KEEP IN MIND :baby still crying!)My dad is waiting for me in the proposed location only to learn that i just left my house FOR THE SECOND TIME. He decides to come further into Logan and I am traveling at 78 miles an hour in a 55 mile an hour zone...praying i don't pass a cop and i don't wreck! (I usually don't drive crazy especially if my baby is in the car, so i was really panicking!) I stop and get gas and then pull out right behind a semi which is going less than 20 miles an hour.... Finally i get out on the highway and i am cruisin only to see that there is a TRAIN! A TRAIN which is never there. In all of my 24 years of life when i have crossed this set of tracks there has NEVER been a train...but of course TODAY there had to be a train!!!!!! (if anything, it made Cameron stop crying for 5 minutes!) sO I FINALLY meet my dad get the bag and QUICKLY hurry back to USU to deliver the bag of priceless possesions! I arrived at 12:06 precicly.My sweet husband greets me with a smile and a much needed kiss of appreciation! I take a deep breath and think..I can't wait to go home and go back to bed.
So me and my little man head home and both crash! He took a 3 hour nap and i ended up doing all my Monday cleaning(this had to be done before i could nap!) and then jumping back in bed pulling the covers over my head and taking a nap myself!! Am I the only one with days like that! So glad it is over! 
2/05/2008
MoNDaY MoRniNg mAdNEsS!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





7 sweet scribbles :):
This story stressed me out just reading it. I can't imagine living it!
Wow.... what a great Monday that was. What Friday night do you have open? We really need to get together and scrap. So tell me when works for you!
Julie,
What a cute site. I'm sorry you had such a yucky day, but I know how you feel. I hope you have a good day tomarrow. I can't beleive how big Cam is getting.
Give Rex and Cam a big hug from me.
Love ya'
Amy
Wow, Julie. That's really sad. I'm so sorry to hear about all of your troubles. I always call my mom when I feel like that, because she reminds me of the scriptures and prayer. But then she quotes my grandma--"This, too, shall pass." I would hug you if I was there and bring you dinner.
Jewels!!!
Who knew my bro was so lucky in love? Oh wait, I did. ;) So does he it sounds like. You are a wonderful wife and companion for Rex. Yes, all of us have days like that, but they seem to slow down a bit once you are done with college and babies. It is all worth it though. Keep up the great work. I am sending you a huge hug. Love ya, sis!
What a day Julie.
However, you are a great wife.
Wow, I just read about this day. I hate days like that, but I've had a few. I'm glad everything turned out okay. Tell Rex not to forget that bag anymore. :0)
We love you all tons.
I can't believe how much happened while we were away.
Post a Comment