2/06/2012

October!

I love October because it starts off with General Conference..... and what a FUN  first weekend it was! 
After the first session was over, Rex came to me and said...lets hike to the wind caves between sessions....
Well considering it was GORGEOUS outside, and 70+ degrees
I was excited to take the boys on their first trip!

So we loaded up Subway sandwiches, granola bars and water in our backpack and made it to the trail head!
The boys were sooooo excited!
3.1 miles...here we come!

 Well, Korv lasted about 600 feet and he was ready to be carried! It was a GREAT work out for us!
Halfway up and we're all still smiling! :) 

Cameron was so excited to hear the wind in the caves...... They LOVED climbing around and exploring!
 One last rest before we hit the trail back down.....
The leaves were sooooo pretty! 
We made it back!!!  
We PROMISED the boys a big slurpee if they made it the whole way!! 
They were the BEST lil HIKERS ever!!!!!
(We all slept FANTASTIC THAT NIGHT! :)


Then the next morning we headed to my parents for the annual big, yummy breakfast my mom makes while we watch conference!! 

Kiddie korner to my parents back yard is the hospital helicopter pad.....As soon as Life flight comes flying over, Cameron is running sooooo fast outside to watch it land that NO ONE can keep up with him!!
 But this time, my dad decided to make his DAY. He took Cameron over the fence and they actually met the pilot and took a look inside! Cameron was in HEAVEN! :)
(of course, my dad would be the person to make something like this happen! :) thanks dad!)
**continuing the weekend fun**

Since we were already at my parents house from the weekend and Lisa didn't have to work Monday, we decided to take a morning ride on the 4 wheelers! The boys had a blast.  Too bad everyone else had to work! (sucka's :)

** The boys LOVING being boys**
Cameron is ALWAYS up to something....and Korver is ALWAYS playing ball with someone!
Either way...they are usually up to no good!
(don't you LOVE Korv's double chin! ) oh I could squish those cheekys!
Cam and Chan still getting in ANY last days of playing in the dirt they possibly can!

**Murder Mystery Dinner**
 Morgan and Jeremy invited us to a M.M.D and it was SUPER FUN! Has anyone done this before? 
Honestly, we don't dress up. Ever.  I hate it. But, for this dinner it was a must.
You dress your part..
Read the script..
Eat yummy food..
Morgan decked her house in 60's.. 
and.... We had a blast trying to figure out who did it?????

So we grabbed a soda and let the scene unravel.....
Our characters:
Meet "Dee" (a roughed up girl from the other side of the tracks... such as Sandra Dee from Grease)
and "Calvin"  (the nerd of the school, but a mastermind at everything with a secret crush on Dee)
(see why we don't dress up!) ha ha.....
 And believe it or not..... LOOK WHO WAS THE CULPRIT 
at the end of the night!  
(he's holding the knife!!!!!!)
Thanks Morgan for the ROCKIN' PARTY!!!!!!!!

**pumkin walkin' & carvin' **
 As always, we hit the pumpkin walk to see the displays! Cameron found his favorite! Phineas and Ferb!
I found mine.  I LOVED this sign.. How true it is! :)

 Of course we carved our pumpkins! Korver wasn't quite sure about the goopy, gooey mess, so dad took over and carved a pirate for them! He is talented, he just looks at the pic and he can carve it! Wish mine looked HALF as good as a free handed one!
Their final displays!
**Lazy Sunday nights**
 Growing up, my family ALWAYS made treats on Sunday nights, and it's one thing I LOVE doing with my boys! So any chance we get....we bake!
They boys LOVED helping!
But I think they LOVE eating the treat more than anything! I know I do! :)

**A fabulous weekend!**
 Some of my friends got together one day and said
 "ya know what we need....a night away of just GIRL stuff....."
 and so, we put it in ACTION! 
We booked a condo in Park City and did all the girl things we could dream of......


One thing I forgot was EATING! We ate some delish food and totally didn't get any pictures! Eating is like the best part of vacations!

But this pic...well this ends the trip just PERFECT! 
We decided to hit the DI (yep, like the greatest store ever, right??? ha!) and see what treasures we could find....well, we found one for Emily.
 one problem.
 My car was  PACKED.
 P-A-C-K-E-D! 
BUT, we HAD to get this cute lil sewing desk for her to refinish...so we MADE it fit.  
We unloaded my entire trunk of purchases, luggage, purses, and in the end....
It fit in the back seat with us!! 
Ha ha!  What a fabulous trip!  Oh I loved it! I can't wait to go again!
Love these girls!
Thanks Love ...for being the greatest, most supportive husband for the crazy fun ideas!




**cOnCeRtS**
We have really come to LOVE this band! After we saw them last month with Goo Goo dolls, we knew we had to get tix to their concert!
 We went with Lis and Sam and hit up Tucanos for dinner then headed over to the concert!

 What an amazing concert it was!!!! They are SOOOOOOO good live! I honestly don't think I could pick ONE SONG that I dislike.  Usually I have favorites with bands, but these guys ....
EVERY SINGLE SONG is awesome! 

If ya wanna check them out you can listen to their whole album by clicking  here!

**Halloween**
 We usually head to Brigham for Halloween, cause it happens to be my MOMS birthday! So we love celebrating with her and then the kids just trick or treat down there!
 Cameron found a friend this year and he got to go around with Max while me and Kristen caught up on life!
Of course....they made out well....They were on a permanent sugar  high for weeks!
Perfect way to end the month!

4 sweet scribbles :):

The Nielsen's said...

Hey there! You're doing great at getting caught up! I figure if you do two posts every month, you'll be caught up by... May! So you're well on your way!

Cute post! You guys do so many fun things!

To answer your questions...
Yes, I do still blog every now and then, but I'm not NEARLY as ambitious as you are with doing catch-up posts. I just blog about whatever I feel like whenever I feel like it, so my posts are usually pretty random. Be sure to keep checking my blog every now and again, though. I think I'll do a new post sometime this week.

Yes, we will have to get together sometime! It would be WAY fun to go on a cruise together, but for right now how about we just try and work on doing a double date or something? Because at the rate that we're going at getting together, the whole cruise thing just might not happen, so let's just start small ;)

Anyways, good to hear from you. I swear I'm going to call you one of these days so be sure to keep your phone with ya! Take care. Much love, Me

The Child Family said...

Oh WOW what an exciting month!!!
I love the windcaves- it looks like you guys got perfect weather for the hike.
What a fun tradition for conference, with your mom's yummy cooking.
Murder mystery dinners are the best- I haven't done one in a LONG time, but oh they are fun, it looks like you guys had a really great time!!!
OH JEALOUS of the park city trip, what a fun fun fun time it look like you gals had!!!!!
Your kids major scored on candy for Halloween, candy bars?!?!? YUM
I love checking out your blog, you do so many fun things

Emily Berkley said...

ok, where do I start.... AMAZING month. I love Oct!! I am glad you liked the Windcaves, we loved hiking with our boys all summer! I also didn't realize your parents lived right by the hospital's helicoptor! That is awesome!
I laughed out loud when I saw your costume!!! You looked smokin hot and of course Rex was the killer, never trust a nerd!
GNO was beyond fun! I loved the planking ;) And I will refinish my awesome find at the DI. It is my next project! I have to live it up because of what we did to get it here!
Loved your post, I am so glad you are sticking with month to month catch up. It is worth seeing all your adventures and your cute family! You are Amazing!

Eric and Jenny said...

Oh man Julie every time I read your blog I go away thinking man that girl, she is so cool and does so many great things! Why don't we hang out more!!

What a fabulous month, I love that picture of your hike with the beautiful leaves, so lovely. And your girls night away sounds fantastic, what a sweet hubby to watch the boys and let you have some fun with the girls.

Hope you are doing well cute girl!