12/16/2011

And the rest of August...

Wow, this is really pathetic I have decided.  Like seriously we are talking 4 months behind here.  
Ugh....(Is it really even worth it??)
Yes.  I have to tell myself that, cause as I have mentioned before, this is my JOURNAL of our crazy life!
  So, here is my attempt to just totally cruise through those months and bring this blog up to speed...
  So we can get to DECEMBER! 
Cause I am absolutely LOVING this right now: 

It only took 2 nights of dedication from my sweet hubs to get this
  12 foot baby, up and glowing!
Then I got to decorate it, (this is where I love my HEIGHT!!)
 It makes me SO HAPPY every night when we sit by it. ♥


Ok, and real quick these are just some of my favorite ornaments on it this year.
Christmas! I LOVE IT. 
I can't even wait....8 days baby!!!!!


Ok...So, back to summer. August actually. 
OH how I love those summer days and nights....
Can anyone really get enough of it?  (I may be slightly biased here...)

  Since, We hadn't just been Lake Powell all week ;), we decided we needed MORE water! So we headed to Bear Lake Raspberry days, the day after we got home! The boys LOVED IT!
Snow cones! We ate many of these this summer!
 The boys are total FISHES!
 They could not get enough of the water!  Rex helped Cameron learn how to swim this summer! He even goes all the way under the water and snorkels!!!!
 Korv  is such a mingler, he can be content doing just about anything!  :)
 (yes, I am trying to take candy from a baby here....)
And of course....at the end of the trip, you know it's a success when their feet look a little like this ♥
-----------------------------------------------------------
BUGS!
 My boys love 3 things.
1.Bugs.
2.Dirt.
3.Exploring.
 I don't know how many bugs they caught...but I know this glass jar never came back to my kitchen.
 I love these pics of Cam's hands, cause you can see his sweet lil bracelet Bailey made him at Powell. :)
oh, and the fact that he is so sweet with something so gross.
Proof that the boys love those 3 things.
Cam has the Bug.
Korv's face has Dirt on it.
They are Exploring a bugs life!
♥I love these boys soooo much!♥
-----------------------------------------------------------
Cooking!
 I love the fresh veggies and fruit in the summer, and what better time to try cooking new recipes????
So one night, we made quite the interesting dish.
Brazilian lemonade.
ohhhh soo gooood!!!

These recipes came from Our Best Bites. I LOVE that site! :)
Makes me want one right now!
-------------------------------------------------------
Watched the GRASS grow!

Literally. We watched it every day! When we saw these sprouts pop up, we were STOKED!
--------------------------------------------------------------
SAID GOODBYE TO HER:
This car was like an icon to our relationship.  We bought this sweet thing 2 months after we got hitched, and she was such a CHAMP for us the whole 8 years. We ♥ed driving her!!
  She took us to NYC and back, over the canyon a million times. and to the lovely Southern part of  the state many times. 
 So, I guess you could say.. that like our marriage, she stayed strong,  had some minor set backs, but with a little fix here and there, she was always running like new, and she was a solid car! 
I did not want to part with it!  
But, the miles were runnin' high and it was time.....
Believe it or not...she sold within 5 MINUTES of listing her for sale.  :( 
We couldn't part with the idea of not owning an Accord.
So we bought another. :)
What an adventure to get her!  But she's gonna be around for a LONG TIME too. (she better!)
-----------------------------------------------------
PROJECTS
{BEFORE}
I love REFINISHING things.  My sweet cousin Dawn has done so many SWEET, thoughtful things for our family, so I wanted to do a desk to match her little boys room.  She said red. 
So I ran with it! 
I ♥ RED! :)

I almost forgot to grab an "after" pic, so I pulled it out of my car and snapped in the driveway.
Not ideal, but at least I have an after pic!
Isn't it fun to see how different things can look with color??? :)
--------------------------------------------------------------
the.BEST.concert.EVER!!!
{Goo Goo dolls}
{Parachute}
{Michelle Branch}
Rex seriously works with some of the coolest people ever.
While playing softball this year, Shayla came and watched a game and I got talking to her and she told me about the Goo Goo Dolls concert coming to Park City. I was like....I SO WANNA GO. 
So she called us up, and she had got her tix upgraded toVIP tix to meet the band (I know, right?) 
We were STOKED...... We got her old tix!
We went with Colter and Colie! They were super fun! Cute couple!:)
While Shayla was hangin' with the band, we were hangin' in the lawn section.  She is such a sweet person!
Thanks Shayla! :) You rock!
Yep, this is Shayla, totally hangin' with the Dolls!!! Woot!

 Parachute came out first. And when I say came out...I mean CAME OUT AND LITERALLY HIGH FIVED US!!!!!
 HE ROCKS! Will Anderson...the Lead singer of Parachute!
 They were AMAZING to listen to!!!!!! We were sold.

 We got a little bored once they finished singing......can you tell??
 But then the GOO GOO DOLLS made their appearance, and the energy was FLOWIN!!!!
 Hoodies on a summer evening  at a concert with your ♥...does it get better than this??
 They were awesome live!!!!! I love their new CD too!

After the concert, Parachute came out and just performed on the sidewalk!
 ahhh, I really love them.
Don't worry.....you'll see more of them, in another post! ;)
This night was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
Thanks mom for watchin' the kiddos(again)! :) You are the best!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
First Sleepover!
Cam had his first sleepover!! He had his cousin come up and they had a blast! They stayed up late jumpin on the tramp, went out for ice cream and played with their sleeping bags, when they should have been sleeping!!
 I have to admit....I totally stood by the door and listened to their convo as they were supposed to be sleeping, and it was. HIL-AR-IOUS!~ They kept talking about where bad guys lived and how to fight them off, and especially how they couldn't tell mom about their secrets!~  It was probably more fun for me than it was for them! :)
---------------------------------------------
7 PEAKS!
We realized that our Saturdays were coming to an end all too soon.....
So we decided to make the best of them! 
We hit 7 peaks,and the kids had a BLAST!! :)

Korv wasn't so sure about  the slides!!!  Rex on the other hand, he LOVED it.  He was the dare devil that went down the BIGGEST slide!!
 I love everyone's EXPRESSIONS!! :) I just wish I had a pic of Lisa, but somehow she dodged the camera all day!!! :(

 This little waterpark was AWESOME for the kiddos!  They loved playing in all the water fountains!!
 Korver was pretty daring, going through all the water!!
Thanks for joining us fam! We ♥ playing with you!
---------------------------------------------------
HaRvEsT SeAsOn!
 I LOVE having a garden! I love pulling something new every morning,and finding new recipes to try with all this produce!
 This lil' dude LOVES it too! :)
We decided to do freezer corn this year, and my mom and Lis came and joined me!
It is always fun hangin' with them, even when Lis does act like a N-E-R-D ♥
 It is sooooo good! 
--------------------------------------------------
Playing!
 They boys LOVE to play on Sunday afternoon and drive cars and trains!
If you happen to stop by, this might be the sight you find....
I love watching their little hands!
I might need to get used to these days, cause Summer is coming to an end....


4 sweet scribbles :):

The Nielsen's said...

Love hearing what you've been up to, even if it was 4 months ago! Keep the updates coming, girl!

Connie said...

Beautiful tree! Loved seeing you and your cute family last week. Your mom looks like a teenager on the slide! That IS a picture of your Mom, right?

When we sold our big old van, I got emotional because that van was the one that took me to the hospital to have my babies!

Have a very Merry Christmas!

Emily Berkley said...

Ok, that is it.... No more posting about awesome stuff like Bear Lake and Swimming in the warm sun, and summer concerts and rasberry shakes and kids playing outside in the dirt with bugs!!!!!!!! I WANT SUMMER!!! Ok, just needed to get that off my chest. So I love the part about the car. Isn't it funny how we attach ourselves to funny things like cars. I miss old bluey, I think about him all the time.... Anyway, you can keep posting about summer.....

Melissa Atkinson said...

You are so good to take pictures! That is on my list for 2012 more picture taking. What fun posts. Your tree was beautiful. Cant wait to see what fun things you do this winter:)