9/30/2011

Summertime!!!

I decided I really am going to try and keep up on this dang blog....so here I am again ready to update! Amazed? Yeah, me too...
Ok, here it goes....
{4th week}... 
I was soooo excited to take Cameron to Lagoon this year, I wasn't sure if he'd be scared or LOVE it....
But his face tells it all!
He LOOOOOVVVVVEEEEDDDD it! 

 He got to ride all day long with his lil buddy Chandler!
 They LOVED Bombora!!!! (such a fun ride for kids!)
They did a little bit of everything! I was having too much fun watching, that I didn't get many pictures, So I am posting what I got!

 Of course, we had to ride a few ourselves......(I love Heidi's face!!)

It was such a fun day! I wasn't sure how long Cameron would last, but he went till the park closed!!!
( I wish I had snapped some night time pics!)
 We loved spending time with such fabulous company and being with the boys and seeing their faces light up after each ride! :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 {3rd week}... 
    {Traveling!}
 I got to go with Rexy again on a trip and be the best worker ever ;)
 We left Sunday  (and once we got through that massive security check in line.......)  We boarded the plane and flew to Spokane Washington...then the next morning, we headed to the deep woods of Kellogg Idaho. Wow. Talk about deserted....
(And a quick apology for the picture quality here.....I COMPLETELY forgot my camera, so everything is from my phone, (and on the go, because Rex wasn't stopping for anything!  He was a motivated and determined worker to get done each day....but as awesome as DROIDS are....it still isn't MY camera. :( .... )

The beauty was truly indescribable as we drove on these roads.  It took at LEAST an hour every time we headed over this mountain....to the cities we had to hit. We passed 3 cars on the first day. And 2 times it was the SAME car. So...that tells you how deserted this place was!  
 This was taken as we're climbing to the summit. The pic truly doesn't do it's justice. We were sooooo high up, and there were no guard rails the entire trip. I was terrified. Every morning. (Rex loved that.)
 Once we got to the top, we hit SNOW! blah...SNOW! It was kinda fun though, knowing it was 80 degrees in the city!
One day we stopped at the highest point on the mountain and had lunch right where i am....sitting in the snow!
This was the St. Joe river.  It was our scenery EVERY day!  Gorgeous!
On our last night driving back over the Mtn. we came across quite a 
surprise........
3 BLACK BEARS!!!! 
Just chillin' on the side of the road.....
Needless to say, I was glad that was our last time having to drive by that spot!!!


 After the week, we headed over one night to check out the floating green at a golf course in  Coeur d'alene.
We had quite the sunset on our last night there......

The best part of the week?  Spending all day, every day with him :) 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
{Fathers Day!}                                                       
The boys were SOOOO excited to make daddy breakfast,
 and have the WHOLE day to play with him!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
--------{SURPRISE!!!!!}------
YEP, Rexy turned the big 30 this year..... and we had to ring it in, in style! 
We started the evening off by heading to the Gateway and taking a walk, admiring the AMAZING art work all created with SIDEWALK CHALK!!! (look how awesome those are!)

but what Rexy didn't know....was I was throwing him a surprise party at Tucano's!
The walk was to distract him, while all the guests were arriving.... and wow, was he surprised!!!!

We had quite the turnout to help us celebrate!! It was such a blast and soooo yummy!
After dinner, we figured 10:00 at  night was A GREAT TIME to let the kids play, (they obviously had plenty of energy goin' from all the delish food and treats....)
So we walked the sidewalks admiring the paintings (and kiddos)...

Korv loved the balloons more than anything....
Then we hit the water fountains, and Cameron had a BLAST!! 
I loved all these "in action" shots of him playing!

My lil stud muff.....

.
After all that....they were partied out! It took less than 5 minutes for them to CRASH!

 ~ Happy Birthday sweet love of mine. ~
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
{2nd week}...
{Boat driving!}
ahhh.....one of the GREATEST parts of summer....We LOVE the boat! 
(I love that Rex is learning to drive! ;)

I love this pic .....the true scene of relaxation!!!
(and hopes that you don't see anyone you know, hence the awesome outfits worn)
Yep, Kates you are totally rockin' it. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
{Ellie*bean}
Ok so we are super lucky to have one of the CUTEST baby girls living right across the street from us!! As her big brother calls her...Ellie bean, It's fitting! Cause who doesn't love jelly beans and every time you see all the bright colors, doesn't it make you just SMILE?? Well, that's what little Ellie does...Sends  LOTS AND LOTS of smiles every time you look at her!

 One night, while the boys were playin' kinect or somethin....Heidi and I got the idea that we should paint her nails.  I was all over that! It was so fun painting those little fingers and toes! And she didn't seem to mind either, as long as she got to hold the bottle!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
{1st week}...
{A sign of things to come}
The back patio was being poured....so the kiddos had to leave their mark....how could i say NO to these sweet things???
This is a sign the yard is coming......... :) :) :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
{Concerts!!!!!}

 Summer brings lots and lots of famous people to this lovely state of Utah....
 so when we heard
 the MAINE
was coming...we.were.going.to.this.concert~
unfotunately, Rexy had to travel that week, so my sweet friend Em came along with me.
What a blast!!
WE LOVE this band and so many of their songs and I couldn't wait to see them in concert!
They came with Augustana...and honestly, I'd be ok never seeing Augustana again. Super boring!
but the Maine.....
Yeah, totally loved them!

 Lead singer....
...rockin' what he's got!
Have you ever heard of them...Click HERE to listen to a famous song you may know...
or
Click HERE  to hear the song that describes when Rex and I first started dating...
or
 HERE for another favorite song of mine. :)

6 sweet scribbles :):

Eric and Jenny said...

Julie I love your big fun catch up posts, they make me smile lots!

You lucky girl always getting these fun work trips with your husband, I bet the snow was little weird and just think it will be here for good in just a few short weeks! Oh Cache Valley winters are the worst.

I just realized something reading this post that I have never painted Katelynn's nails. What the heck is the matter with me, maybe I will go sneak into her room and do that right now while she is sleeping. Heidi's baby sure is cute.

Fun post, I loved it!

Camille said...

Life never gets dull in your world, does it?! :) I love that you're able to take time away to spend with just Rexy and you! :) Glad to see you had a great time!

Sheena said...

I am loving all these huge update post's but whats sad is we are in October and you are still talking about June! Keep them coming girl!

PS i Love the black and white photo! HA HA! :)

Brandie Page said...

Julie, I have so missed your posts!! Such a BEAUTIFUL family.

Camilla said...

You are amazing! Do you ever sleep? Love all the exciting things you've done this summer. Your boys sure are cute!

~Emily~ said...

Jeepers, feels like seeing The Maine was a million months ago! Sure have been loving your updates!! I cannot figure out how you manage to be THE BEST wife, momma, daughter, sister, friend, & woman at all times! xoxo