3/28/2010

*~*~ LeSsOnS iN liFe *~*~

I just love this picture from our cruise we took a couple years ago. It reminds me of our life in a more.... simple time. (and Rexy looks ridiculously good looking in it. :)

.
Prepare yourself. Its a long, sappy, "pour my heart out" post. So ....here's your chance to quit reading and spare yourself from what may be sheer boredom to some!.....
.


Don't say I didn't warn ya! :).......So, I've had a lingering thought in my head lately....Do we ever REALLY know what we want in life? I mean, Sure, I think we know some wants for sure, from a very young age...... Like, most of us want to find that perfect someone who understands us and the things we're trying to say without actually saying them. want to get married. want a family of our own. want those opportunities that help us to be better than we ever imagined we could be. All of these things, I guess I would call......the dream wants.

.But as I've been thinking, It seems that once we have the "dream" wants, I think the mind tends to look for more and more things we think we may want, but only to realize the Lord is TRULY in control of us.
.
The past few weeks around here have been....crazy.stressful.busy.extremely busy.out of control.big leaps of faith.humbling.and learning. nothing short of any of that! I never realized how truly stressful and busy life could actually get! But in the midst of it all, and at the end of every day. I have come to realize, there is one thing that stays constant. The Lord. He is ALWAYS there for us. He is there in our moments of uncertainty. moments of indecision. moments of chaos. moments of fear. moments of frustration.moments of pure happiness when we realize everything that happens, lead us exactly where we NEEDED to be.
.

Just one of the big things contributing to all of this would be preparing to make our purchase on which home we want. (More to come on that news....:) But wow, so many choices. decisions. indecisions. ( Do we build? buy a pre-existing?pre-constructed? a fix-er up-per? Live in Brigham, Logan, maybe even Layton (ok not really there):) But, so many choices...decisions. The list goes on and on, and life only continues to get more and more chaotic. But going through home after home, day in and day out (i know, our poor real estate agent)...... I can't imagine ANYONE better than Rexy to go through it all with. We've had the struggles here and there but, the past few weeks, TRULY have been the most uplifting and edifying ones we have probably ever experienced together. I cannot think of time that I have been happier with him. It is amazing to me how much I love him more and more every single day. He really is my best friend. The other half of me. And together its what has ultimately made us, US.
.

But, most of all, I love that we can turn to the Lord in all of those moments and know he is there guiding us through everything. And he has. I never imagined how much I truly could love someone and everyday that love gets stronger and stronger. sometimes I worry my heart will jump right out of my body :) I love the talk (remind me who said this?)"Your love is like a triangle. The Lord at the top of it and you on one corner, and your spouse on the other. And if you and your spouse will draw closer to the Lord, you two will also become closer." How true this is. Its amazing to me that the simple Sunday school answers such as praying, reading your scriptures and studying these things to get closer with the Lord, will do. Miracles happen and the Lord truly blesses those who do these things.

.
So going back to our "wants" Isn't it interesting that just when we think we know what we want....The lord guides us into a different direction and looking back we realize...It wasn't what we really.wanted.AT.ALL.

So that being said, I can say....That today, in the here and now....I do know one thing for sure. I couldn't ask for more. I have everything I truly have ever wanted or needed and I am so grateful for that.


**************************************************
We've found that BAKING is a great recipe for our stress relief!!...
(Thank goodness for the gym!)

There was a process involved here. Good thing I had Rexy as my assistant! :)


He mastered the spreading out the perfect layers! .....






And VOILA! We have a magic rainbow of YUMMY colors! These were super moist! Well worth the work from scratch!



They looked super bright, cheerful and fun! Just what we wanted!! We had a blast!



And then of course, we made some muddy buddies!

And who doesn't love a soft chocolate chip cookie??

10 sweet scribbles :):

Connie said...

I remember when I was in the middle of it all, I realized I was living my dream to be a wife and mother. Some days it wasn't how I visualized it but it was what I had always wanted. You're blessed to have a good, supportive husband to help you through it all. I'm glad to know you're turning to the Lord for help.
Congrats on the house!
Hang in there and know you're loved.

Jeni said...

I m sooo excited for you guys with your new house/adventure ou are facing together! You guys are awesome! Hope I can be as happy as you someday! LOL!

Kurtis said...

HEY! Thanks for leaving a little something on our blog. Nicole told me about it the other day. I have been really sick lately so it's taken me a while to write you back. We are living in Perry still.... loving it. I didn't know you guys were looking for a new place! That is exciting and stressful at the same time I am sure. Let me know what happens there or if we can help in any way. Miss you guys!

The Nielsen's said...

Thanks for these amazing words. I have felt the Lord's hand quite a bit myself lately. Good luck with the whole house-hunting thing... I secretly hope you end up closer to Brigham so we can hang out more!!!!

Camille said...

It's so refreshing to know of two people who are in love and STILL in love after some time. You two are cute together. You're setting a great example to your younger siblings, friends, and many others who watch you interact. Congratulations on some exciting things happening in your lives! It will all work out!

Camilla said...

Thanks for the reminder. It's so easy to stress and worry about things that we really don't need to worry about. You are quite the baker! I love those cupcakes! I'll have to try those! And now I'm craving muddy buddies...:)

Taya said...

That is a great message and reminder. The Lord truly knows where He wants us, and we just have to let it happen sometimes. And it usually doesn't happen how we planned it. I'm excited to find out what happens with your house!

Kristin said...

Holy baking! I want to make those cupcakes. They look like they take a ton of time:) I have to learn patience first.

Good luck with all of your decisions. We were there not too long ago. Stressful! It's amazing how things work out just how they are supposed to. I wanted to live so so so many places and when they fell through I was sad. It wasn't until we moved hear that it was all clear to me! We were supposed to be here.

You will have that moment. Good luck with it all! You will do wonderful.

your boys are darling. I love boys:) I want another.

Chris and Kristen said...

Love the cupcakes. That is awesome!

Valerie said...

What fun cupcakes and tons of treats! You green St. Patrick's day food was fun too.