6/12/2008

NoW BOaRdiNg: flight#1625

Yep...We are ALIVE....despite what everyone believes! I know, I know I haven't posted in FOREVER....but hopefully this INSANELY long post will make up for my slacking business!

.

First things first....A HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE THANK YOU to EVERYONE that helped make our little vacation even possible!!!! Our amazing parents and siblings and our rockin' cousins in Vegas that provided us rides to the airport and a place to stay (oh and a YUMMY breakfast on fast Sunday...:) whoops)....THANKS AGAIN FAMILY...WE LOVE YOU!!!
.

Rex is such an amazing husband (read previous post) ....He told me back in December he was taking me on a "fun" vacation to celebrate our 5 year anniversary....I NEVER thought he would take me on a CARIBBEAN CRUISE.....and actually follow through with it,WOW!!! IT WAS AMAZING. Finally....(For all you people that have been waitin...here they are-Enjoy the pics!) Don't worry, I took over 500 pictures....but i will spare you all from boredom...and post only a few!

Our MASSIVE ship!!!


~~~ Port of call: COZUMEL, MX~~~~~~

We rented a scooter and toured the whole island on it! It was the FUNNEST thing we could have done on this BEAUTIFUL ISLAND! The water was so warm and we couldn't get enough pics of this place!!! (oh and we loved driving the scooter! We beach hopped and visited at least 15 beaches!)

Standing on the road waiting for our scooter!~ A SWEET beach we found along our journey!


Another fun beach we found, with cool painted chairs!!



Our amazing talent of taking pictures of ourselves...without "actually having to take the picture":)
We had to leave our mark.....(well for a minute....)
.
The ship looked amazing at night!! This was just before we headed back onto the ship after being in Cozumel all day!

~~~~One of our "FUN DAYS AT SEA" waiting to arrive at our next port! ~~~~


All the beach chairs and people laying out....it wouldn't be a fun day at sea without a little sunshine!~


The view from the 9th floor!!! ................Our first FORMAL dinner.....



.
~~~~Port of call: Grand Cayman, CAYMAN ISLANDS~~~~

Right off the dock after arriving....


Sea Turtle Farm!!! I know, I know, I look like a little girl scared to touch him!~ Rex was brave and he held and played with lots of them!

.

***SWIMMING WITH STINGRAYS!!***



I love this picture..Rex's stellar life vest and well the water is an INCREDIBLE color!



Rex was a PRO with the stingrays..they loved him as much as he loved them!...and yes, i'm kissing mine! YUM! (notice my little friend in the back with the HUGEST grin on her face...it only took like an hour of coaxing to get me to ACTUALLY do this!!!) These stingrays were so soft!!! They were sooooo nice and NO.....we didn't get a barb to the heart!




The last stop before getting back on the ship was a TRIP TO HELL AND BACK! yes we went, and NO i never want to go there!! (That really was the name of the city!)

.

~~~~Port of call: Ocho Rios, JAMAICA~~~~




Here we are at Dolphin Cove and we couldn't get over how lush and green and BEAUTIFUL it was here!!! There were so many wild creatures...like iguanas (HUGE ONES),snakes, goats, weird things.......like Random PIRATE guys pretending to be statues...



Now...notice the stairs in the background, I was ever so casually just walking down them, when this dude decided to JUMP out and freakin scare me to DEATH! I laughed so hard for the longest time and then foolishly, I went back and got a pic with him...(I had to know the picture wouldn't be a normal one!)

.

****SWIMMING WITH DOLPHINS!!!!!!!!!!!****


I waited my whole life for this AMAZING experience! It was so much fun and worth the wait!!! Dolphins are the COOLEST things in the sea!!!!!!!! I could have kissed this one all day long!!!!



Riding the dolphins beats a Lagoon ride ANY DAY!... HERE the dolphin is singing to Rex! She had a crush on him! Not to mention..the kisses she kept giving him on his cheek!


Here she is basically attacking me as I'm trying to DANCE with her!!! It was so funny to feel her flippin around by us! (maybe she didn't like the song I was singing to her!)



****DUNNS RIVER FALLS.. (climbing a 600 foot waterfall!)****



On the Jamaican beach, where the Falls empty out into the ocean...yes it was stormy, but that made this experience so much cooler...when it rains here it.....POURS!!!!



Our camera guy followed us all the way to the top of the falls...he came up with crazy poses and pictures for us to take in the middle of waterfalls! It was so much fun!!!


~~~~Another one of our "FUN DAYS AT SEA" waiting to arrive back in Miami! ~~~~


We played some mini golf on the ship....



Took some pics before dinner out on the deck.....


Just waitin to go into our Golden Olympian Dining room for our last meal!




This is our friends we met and had dinner with each night! They were so fun! Our table was right by a window and we saw the sun set every night! (the back light kinda takes away the picture...but you get the gist.....)



Oh and then if we hadn't eaten our fair share of food every day and had approx 15 ice cream cones a day...we decided to order room service about 1 in the morning! It rocked! (except the fact that we probably gained ...oh...i don't know..30 pounds! First purchases made when we get home...new running shoes!


We had a blast...and Like I said...a HUGE thanks to our family who helped us out with Little Cam!!!


Thanks for the GREATEST vacation in the world Babe! I love you.... (now lets plan another!)

23 sweet scribbles :):

Sheena said...

The next cruise you take i better be coming! It looks like you had so much fun! It looks so beautiful there. I want to see all of your pix. I am sure i wont get bored with them. Maybe when we scrap next i can see them!! I am glad you two got some one on one time!!
I am glad you are back safely and have FINALLY updated your blog, which by the way looks cute!

KC said...

So JEALOUS! It looks like you guys had fun. Perhaps nobody told Rex that he would need to do some tanning before you left to avoid the white t-shirt look! OOPS! It's ok...that's what makes it fun! Congrats on your 5 years! Cruises are FABULOUS...except the gaining 30 lbs part!

Natalie said...

Holy Smokes! What a party!!! Glad you had a fun time. I can't believe you actually kissed a sting ray and a dolphin. You're my hero Ü

Ryan & Keri said...

I have wondered where you were! What a fun trip! Cruises are the best! And it looks like you guys had a great trip! You took really awesome excursions too! Julie, you look beautiful!! I would say Rex gets like a gazillion points for that surprise!

Erin said...

I am so glad you guys got to get away for a while. I have been wanting to go on a cruise forever. Me and John keep looking into going on cruises but when it comes right down to it I always talk myself out of it because I always think "Okay go on a one week trip or take out less student loans" Its hard. I need to just do it anyway. I should just keep looking at your pictures until I am convinced to go. You look great in your pictures, I love your swimming suit. Where did you get it? And can I ask an estimate on about how much it cost to do all of your cruise. We have been wanting to do a carribbean cruise but I just assume it is way to expensive. You don't have to tell me exactly if you don't want to I just wanted kindof an estimate for future plans. Maybe I'll talk myself into it and go for our 5 year anniversary in december.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! I wish we could have come with! We were more than happy to have you stay, in fact you need to come down to play more often! Next time you should bring cam with you. And holy cow your site is so cute! Where do you get all the cute backdrops and embellishments? I'm going to have to take a lesson from you on this whole blogging thing. Anyways, i'm glad you guys had a great time! Your pics are way cute!

Ballinghams said...

Sounds like you had a great time. I am jealous about the swimming with the dolphins I've always wanted to do that too. It was sweet that rex planned your anniversary. I didn't think it had been that long thats awesome! I need your e-mail address if that is okay.

Valerie said...

We did that same cruise! What a blast! Swimming with dolphins is the best!! It is really fun to cruise with friends too! My in-laws are travel agents for cruises! It is great to go to lots of places and have everything there. You have food and a place to stay! Cruising is great! Cute pictures! I did not dare swim with stingrays. I think that falls under my paranoid category! Crikey, that would be a bad way to go!

Unknown said...

Your ship looks amazing!! We went on one and the ship was not that impressive!! My parents leave tomorrow and i'm super jealous! I'm glad you had a great time. It looks like a BLAST!!

The Nielsen's said...

Julie - It was SO good to catch up with you last week! We need to go do something! Like go on a cruise, maybe! Ha ha. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Congrats on the 5-year anniversary!

Rachel said...

Yea!! I am so glad you got to experience those things! I know you appreciate all the work that went into it and that is what makes it even greater for you two! It was good seeing you for a minute on Friday, I don't think you gained 30 lbs! I am going to try your awesome tips for scrapblogging... thanks again!

Chris and Kristen said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe you went on a cruise. That is awesome! Chris and I are trying to figure out what to do for our 5 year trip next year. It looks like you guys had so much fun and I am so jealous! I would love to swim with dolphins and sting rays. How fun! You will have to tell us more when we hang out in July. By the way, are you guys still planning on that? Email me and let me know.

Malinda S. said...

Ok. So I am so jealous. Just before I checked your blog I was day dreaming of vacationing. It was so bad that I even got on a travel site and was pricing out the Carribean. Next time you guys go, give us a call.

Erin said...

Hey, thanks for the comment on my blog. I have been trying to get my house in order. I'm tired of white walls and old hand me down crappy furniture so I've been trying to get it looking better. Most of the stuff in our house is still hand me down or used stuff, including my kids clothes but I have gotten most of our stuff from garage sales. You would be amazed at what you can find at garage sales in amazing condition and super cheap. I have bought our kitchen table and 4 chairs at a garage sale for $20.00 a recliner for ten dollars, a coffee table for 30.00 that I sold a little while ago for 80.00 and those big mirrors on craigslist for 40.00. We are renting right now and probably will for a long time and I'm sure that when we move its going to be really annoying to move everything in our house but I'm tired of waiting until we are done with school to have semi decent stuff in our house. I've just decided to take my birthday money that I get and spend it on house stuff instead of a new shirt or just dumping it on useless stuff. I figure if I'm in my house all day every day I need to at least have something decent to look at. Sorry this has turned into a huge boring comment but thanks for emailing me the cruise stuff though. My email address is erinpettingill@gmail.com. I hope you guys are doing well. Your little Cameron is getting so cute!!!

Ballinghams said...

I don't get to brigham very often I actually haven't been up there since my parents moved(again). It is fun to watch kids learn and figure out life I laugh everyday it's great. It's also fun to see everyones blogs they are way cute I wish i was talented at blogging but I'm still learning how to use it. Im glad i found it though so I could keep in touch.

Unknown said...

LOVED THE PICTURES!! I MUST SAY I AM AS JEALOUS AS EVERYONE ELSE WHO COMMENTED!! YOU TWO SURE KNOW HOW TO HAVE FUN!!

KC said...

EARTH TO JULIE! UPDATE YOUR BLOG! LOVE YA!

Ryan & Keri said...

Julie, I tried to come over and say "hi", but no one answered. Sorry I missed you. -Keri

Sheena said...

Hello my love.... where are you?? Let me guess... another cruise... ha ha j/k. Let me know how you are!

Kurtis said...

You are so spoiled!! I am jealous! Glad you guys had such a great time. You deserve it. Hope all is well.

Michelle said...

WOW so much fun. Im glad you had a great time.
Where did you get your swimsuit?
It looks so cute.
We need to do lunch one day with Jenny, Sheena, Krista

Tai and Joe said...

I am in so need of a vacation right now. I am so glad that you guys had a great time.
Joe and I are going to be doing that next year for his big graduation.

The Nielsen's said...

Just stopped in to say hi!