1/22/2008

OUCH

This was 2 days after it happened, doesn't look too bad yet right?
This was 3 days after it happened. It was huge! This picture doesn't even do its justice!

In all my 24 years of life I have never really had anything major happen to my body. Had stitches once. Wisdom teeth pulled (but I wasn't knocked out)fell through a ceiling that was about 15 feet high and the most damage there was 2 bruised heels and had a baby(ok thats a pretty big one!) but those are the most extreme cases in my life of having something traumatic happen! So as you can imagine when this happened and it swelled up as big as a tennis ball in less than 3 minutes after i did it, I panicked and literally thought I would never walk again and sobbed to my dad that my foot was going to fall off! I know, I'm a baby! I have never broke a bone and thankfully I didn't this time either! (although according to the dr. it would have been better and hurt less if I had broke it.?? can someone explain that to me! Make a long story short, playing basketball with my sister and she was going up for a lame hook shot that totally was NOT going to go in and her big huge elbow got in my eye :) (sorry Lisa, this is my blog I get to tell it the way i want! :) } and when her elbow got in my eye, I couldn't see, so when I went up to block her shot I came down and couldn't see where I was landing and just rolled my ankle, pulled the tendons..fun stuff like that. Worst part of it all...... We couldn't go snowboarding the next day! Grrrr..... :(

4 sweet scribbles :):

Adam said...

That's probably one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen!

Sheena said...

Rex was right... your foot did look like an elephants foot. HA HA. your blog is so cute! I love looking at all of your fun pictures. Let choose a date and scrapbook together. Even if i have to take a day off of work, lets do it!

~Emily~ said...

You guys are SO stinking cute! Cam is getting to be such a lil grown-up, I can't even handle it!!!! Please call me if ever you're in either SLC or BC :o)

Julie said...

Just so EVERYONE KNOWS...This is Lisa, (Julie's sister) and I stole Julie's computer and I just read this post.. and thought i should get the facts set straight.. first of all...My elbow in her eye?? Honestly..way to make the story sound more dramatic julie... more like I went up for an AWESOME shot (which did go in by the way) and she TRIED to block it, and FAILED MISERABLY (not sure how to spell that). While I was still flying in the air, she came down and her clumbsy self couldn't find the floor correctly, which ruined our snowboarding trip.. Get the story straight..